First Annual Southeast Texas Posters Fishing Tournament

What Saturday in May would be best for you.  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What Saturday in May would be best for you.

• May 23rd
    • May 30th
    • Either is good for me

We are hoping one of the last two Saturdays in May will be good to have the tournament. It was a straight up tie, so we are undecided if it will be a fresh or salt tournament.  So far, Bullets, TVC and myself are going to set this up.  Once we find a date, we will go with a location. If you have any questions, post them or PM me. Let's get this thing GOIN!!!!!

I hope that you didn't mind the modification to the poll to add "either". Hopefully a few people can do either weekend. If forced to choose a date when actually they are available on both, it might skew the real results and look like several people choose one date when they are really good for either.

I would love to fish the tournament if it is in fresh water, however, the 31 ST of May is my wedding anniversary so it would have to be the 23 RD. I will vote for the 23 RD but I really can't say if I can be there this far in advance. I am just about to start building my cabinets and I'm just not sure how far along I will be.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, we have had a total of 10 votes on a date.  It looks like May 30th is the date! For those that voted, is this enough people to justify a tourney?

Maybe. It is going to be 10 people in five boats or is it going to be 10 posters with some bringing friends/relatives and maybe have 8 boats? I think you can have a decent tournament that is really just for fun with a few boats. A maximum of five (especially with a no show bringing it to four) may be a different issue. I have fished a tournament with seven boats and it was fun and still competitive.

OK, we have had a total of 10 votes on a date.  It looks like May 30th is the date! For those that voted, is this enough people to justify a tourney?

Maybe. It is going to be 10 people in five boats or is it going to be 10 posters with some bringing friends/relatives and maybe have 8 boats? I think you can have a decent tournament that is really just for fun with a few boats. A maximum of five (especially with a no show bringing it to four) may be a different issue. I have fished a tournament with seven boats and it was fun and still competitive.

I'm good with it..............how about everyone else??

Guest beat-em_deep

Can't do freshwater, tooooo many stumps, my boats HEAVY, 23' CC...

There isnt alot of stumps at rayburn at all unless you get north up by the 147 bridge

Guest beat-em_deep

Not going to be able to fish the 30th due to my Graduation party.

Guest beat-em_deep

Congrats on the graduation 1 - 6.....Time of your life!!!

Plenty of time to fish..

BucketSitR

Thanks lol id still rather be fishing haha

If I get to fish it I would like to fish with my son-in-law. He is not a poster. The 31 ST is my wedding anniversary but I still may be able to get away for one day on the 30 TH. That day is only 4 weeks away so if this is going to become a reality then the details need to be finalized. Will there be an entry fee or are we just fishing for fun. What about prizes and the weigh in. All these things need to be finalized.

If I get to fish it I would like to fish with my son-in-law. He is not a poster. The 31 ST is my wedding anniversary but I still may be able to get away for one day on the 30 TH. That day is only 4 weeks away so if this is going to become a reality then the details need to be finalized. Will there be an entry fee or are we just fishing for fun. What about prizes and the weigh in. All these things need to be finalized.

Agreed............This is what I was thinking. $25.00 per boat (or per person, up for debate).  If we do fresh, pay top 3.  100% of the money goes to winners.  Largest stringer of 5 fish(bass).  We could also have a $5.00 or $10.00 pot for the largest bass.  TVC....what ya think?

Agreed............This is what I was thinking. $25.00 per boat (or per person, up for debate).  If we do fresh, pay top 3.  100% of the money goes to winners.  Largest stringer of 5 fish(bass).   We could also have a $5.00 or $10.00 pot for the largest bass.  TVC....what ya think?

That sounds good to me. If we can get enough people to fish it. If we don't get enough boats, it might ought to be the top two places. Like five boats at $25 per boat is only $125. Hard to split that three ways. Maybe $100 for the winning boat and $25 for the second. They get their entry fee back in effect, the winner gets the bigger bucks to make it worth while (at least a little bit). Then the side pot for the the biggest bass for those that wish to enter. If we could get as many as 8 boats, we might think of a third place spot. Something like:

1. $125

2. $50

3. $25

Agreed............This is what I was thinking. $25.00 per boat (or per person, up for debate).  If we do fresh, pay top 3.  100% of the money goes to winners.  Largest stringer of 5 fish(bass).   We could also have a $5.00 or $10.00 pot for the largest bass.  TVC....what ya think?

That sounds good to me. If we can get enough people to fish it. If we don't get enough boats, it might ought to be the top two places. Like five boats at $25 per boat is only $125. Hard to split that three ways. Maybe $100 for the winning boat and $25 for the second. They get their entry fee back in effect, the winner gets the bigger bucks to make it worth while (at least a little bit). Then the side pot for the the biggest bass for those that wish to enter. If we could get as many as 8 boats, we might think of a third place spot. Something like:

1. $125

2. $50

3. $25

Maybe $10 for big bass winner take all or something like that. Where would the tournament be held? I know at Rayburn but what marina?

is it a team tourny? if so what is the people limit? and what is the age limit?

Two person team per boat although a single person in a boat can qualify as a team.

One member of the team needs to be a member of setxsports.com and I would think that the boat needs at least one adult, 18 years of age or older.

OK, how about $25 per boat with 1 or two fishermen in a boat. One member has to be a member of Setxsports. The payoff could be $125 for first, $50 for 2 Nd, $25 for 3 Rd. if there are at least 8 boats. If there are less then only pay two places with the winner getting 75% and runner up getting 25%. A charge of $5.00 or $10.00 for biggest bass and the winner take all. Let the group dictate what they want. Also I would propose Mill Creak for the HQ. I don't think there is much difference in the driving distance from Hwy 255 to Twin Dikes and driving distance from Hwy 255 to Mill Creak. Does someone have a scale? What do y'all think?

I realize most of this has already been discussed, I am just trying to get the rules down if this tournament becomes a reality.

One member of the team needs to be a member of setxsports.com and I would think that the boat needs at least one adult, 18 years of age or older.

ok so im a member of setxsports but im 13, so can i bring another guy that is like 29 and he can be my teammate?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami