Incredible Performance by 3A Region 3 Pitcher

GWOOD

Garrett Methvin faced 19 batters in Longview Spring Hill's 15-0 win over Gladewater and struck out all 19 batters.  1 batter reached base on a 3rd strike passed ball.  Methvin threw 79 pitches in 6 innings.

That is an incredible performance!

Garrett Methvin faced 19 batters in Longview Spring Hill's 15-0 win over Gladewater and struck out all 19 batters.  1 batter reached base on a 3rd strike passed ball.  Methvin threw 79 pitches in 6 innings.

Sounds like an amazing performance.....Congrats to him.

Guest Gotcha

I heard the kid, don't know his name, sorry, from Navasota threw a no-hitter against Taylor the other night.  Considering Taylor is ranked 2, that has to be pretty incredible. 

I heard the kid, don't know his name, sorry, from Navasota threw a no-hitter against Taylor the other night.  Considering Taylor is ranked 2, that has to be pretty incredible. 

Derrick Hadley is his name.  Word is that he is going to Rice as a position player not a pitcher.  They might want to reconsider?

BCs Matt Hicks struck out 15 in the last ballgame and that was against a bonafied good 3A team from a strong 21-3A District.   ;D

I think you are just trying to give me a hard time, nevertheless....I saw Hicks pitch in the Nederland tournament.  I was very impressed.  It seemed to me that he has a tad more pop on his fastball than Methvin but Methvin had a more effective curveball.  However, to be fair, it was early in the season when I saw Hicks pitch (March 6) as compared to when I saw Methvin (April 7). 

Yes Gwood... I was just joking with you ;D; however,  the overall pitching for BC is quite good and Hicks is becoming more exceptional.  Things have really progressed since the early days of the preseason.  BC did lose to a good Nederland 4A~~~ WAY back then. BC has never played a team they could beat 15-0 like Gladewater: who some feel is a hapless situation.

Seeing Nederland beat a prime PNG(this Tuesday night) with a one hitter by their stout Quarterback/ Ace Pitcher (Bellow); I feel that the loses back in early preseason are nothing to be ashamed of when that team--Nederland-- is at the top end of a good 4A District.

Sorry that I feel Cuero and Longview Spring Hill are just not playing the competition that dozens of other teams are facing-- is just a personal viewpoint.   LOL

Lets face it Gladewater is 0-7,1-13, I pity the team Gladewater beat   ::)

My opinion is that the "stars" of 17-3A: Spring Hill and Bullard would come in at the bottom of 21-3A if that had to compete in that setting.

Gwood

the kid from navasota that no hit taylor must be something. what you know about him? did brooks throw against navasota that game?

I know very little about him.  I saw in the Brazos online newspaper that this was his 2nd no-hitter of the season.  The first against a 2A school-perfect game.  I looked at my Navasota roster and he is listed as a Junior so the "Rice" thing may just be a rumor.  At 5-4, Navasota is 2 games behind 3rd place Cameron Yoe (7-2).  They play Cameron Fri night.  Playoffs are within reach for navasota but they will need to win out.

Brooks did pitch for Taylor.  Gave up 4 hits, 1 run, 10 K's, 0 BBs in 7 IP.  You think that wins most games.  In the 5th he gave up a single, SAC, and a single that allowed the lone Navasota run.  Taylor lost 0-1.

Yes Gwood... I was just joking with you ;D; however,  the overall pitching for BC is quite good and Hicks is becoming more exceptional.  Things have really progressed since the early days of the preseason.  BC did lose to a good Nederland 4A~~~ WAY back then. BC has never played a team they could beat 15-0 like Gladewater: who some feel is a hapless situation.

Seeing Nederland beat a prime PNG(this Tuesday night) with a one hitter by their stout Quarterback/ Ace Pitcher (Bellow); I feel that the loses back in early preseason are nothing to be ashamed of when that team--Nederland-- is at the top end of a good 4A District.

Sorry that I feel Cuero and Longview Spring Hill are just not playing the competition that dozens of other teams are facing-- is just a personal viewpoint.   LOL

Lets face it Gladewater is 0-7,1-13, I pity the team Gladewater beat   ::)

My opinion is that the "stars" of 17-3A: Spring Hill and Bullard would come in at the bottom of 21-3A if that had to compete in that setting.

LOL.  You are hopeless!

Derek Sowell, junior lefty from Jasper struck out 15 last game against Huntington.  He has pitched in several close losses against the leading 18 3A teams Carthage 2-1,3-1 and Hudson 5-3.  He has really improved this spring and will be a force next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83