**H-F at BC Updates..10-7 BC Wins!!**

has any other players been kicked out of a game this year? and lets limit this to the golden triangle area. HF has how many? 2 at least? sounds like we have a lack of discipline problem with this program. i know when we played HF players would argue balls and strikes and everthing else until the ump had enough and gave a kid a warning.

I've seen most of the HF games this year, and I haven't seen the players arguing with the umps or any of them getting a warning.  When did you play them?  As has been said before, don't compare this year to years past.  There has been a changing of the guard at HF...of course sometimes it takes a while to overcome the training of the past. (language for instance)  If you are around kids much, you will know that they will get emotional and make poor decisions from time to time.  Both situations where players were ejected were in reaction to very poor calls by the ump.  I think any one in those kid's positions would have responded in much the same way.  It is not a lack of discipline in the program.

So are you telling me that 3 of the 4 years landry was at Hf he went to playoffs, one year went 3 rounds and another went 21-7 was because of bad discipline by the coach? I dunno who you are and I really don't care, but you can not take anything away from him or those guys that played, now I don't know what bone you have to pick with landry, but he is one of the best things that happened to HF baseball and he's a big part of the reason "your" guys are having the success they are...

I don't know these kids..............but if a team has had a player ejected in two games, might be a discipline problem.  AND Coach Landry is OUR coach now, we are 6-0 and have not had any discipline problems or ejections in any games.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop crying????? And all teams play in big games without mouthing and getting ejected, it's baseball.  It's also baseball with every team getting bad calls by the umps, but players need to be taught to have enough class to keep their mouths shut and let the coach argue the call and the fans torment the ump.

has any other players been kicked out of a game this year? and lets limit this to the golden triangle area. HF has how many? 2 at least? sounds like we have a lack of discipline problem with this program. i know when we played HF players would argue balls and strikes and everthing else until the ump had enough and gave a kid a warning.

I've seen most of the HF games this year, and I haven't seen the players arguing with the umps or any of them getting a warning.  When did you play them?  As has been said before, don't compare this year to years past.  There has been a changing of the guard at HF...of course sometimes it takes a while to overcome the training of the past. (language for instance)  If you are around kids much, you will know that they will get emotional and make poor decisions from time to time.  Both situations where players were ejected were in reaction to very poor calls by the ump.  I think any one in those kid's positions would have responded in much the same way.  It is not a lack of discipline in the program.

So are you telling me that 3 of the 4 years landry was at Hf he went to playoffs, one year went 3 rounds and another went 21-7 was because of bad discipline by the coach? I dunno who you are and I really don't care, but you can not take anything away from him or those guys that played, now I don't know what bone you have to pick with landry, but he is one of the best things that happened to HF baseball and he's a big part of the reason "your" guys are having the success they are...

I don't know these kids..............but if a team has had a player ejected in two games, might be a discipline problem.  AND Coach Landry is OUR coach now, we are 6-0 and have not had any discipline problems or ejections in any games.

The facts of this argument are as follows:

(1)there have been two separate players ejected this year in baseball for HF one vs. OF the other at BC.

)2)vs. OF the player was ejected for throwing a bat after striking out, but the frustration came not from the K but from the fact that one pitch earlier he was trotting a 2-run HR that the ump blew calling it foul when it was clearly inside the foul pole down the rt field line.

(3)the other was at BC when on the play that the ump called the runner out after the dropped thrid strike that the catcher threw to 1B and hit runner in the back, a player in the dugout, #6 simply said, and I qoute "that one is on you blue, period."

(4) neither had anything to do with balls and strikes

(5) neither include any inappropriate language

(6) by HF district athletic policies both players also were suspended for the next ball game as well.

(7) both kids used bad judgement, and made a mistake, but if you ask both, they would both tell you they were wrong

(8) the same two incidents I have personally witnessed from MANY other baseball teams with no ejections.

(9) the baseball program and the entire HF athletic program, coaches, and community are some of the classiest individuals I have had the pleasure of playing against.

(10) the situations in question were bad choices, high emotion, but clearly are not associated with lack of discipline within the baseball program or athletic program as a whole.

(11) bad charcter and negative traits amd culture are learned behaviors that take time to develop, they come about from the examples of others the are influenced by, but because they are developed traits they also take time to correct and reprogram to good behaviors. Therefore, these problems should not be blamed on the current influences but instead on the influences in their lives over a much longer duration.

HF is a classy program and I am positive that the coaches, the kids, and the program as a whole learned from these "lessons." The important thing is compare what accountibility was placed on these kids this year versus in years past??? Look at the situation over a much longer timeline both past and present before you start casting stones and comparing programs of this year versus last.

Lets get back on topic real fast. This game is over and in the books. Time to move on, both teams have.

So the would you rather us take this over and create a new topic to discuss the issue of "player ejections at HF," or maybe "bad reactions of players and umps to calls?". This is a forum and this is a discussion what does it matter where it is discussed. Your right though this topic is dead, because te game is over and has been for a long time so remove the topic all together and lets create another on!

If you start a new thread, I'll simply delete it. I'm not talking just you, all parties still posting on something that happened two nights ago, was discussed and is over with. The Cardinals won and since then both teams have won again.

Why not move on with your life, be the bigger man and let a dead issue die?

I deleted your post because it came after me asking for people to get back on topic and talk about the game which was played. No more posts about who is classy and who is not. It has nothing to do with the game that was played.

I should have left your post fisherking, I am sorry for deleting it.

If you want to know about Caleb Kellogg, go ask your AD and superintendent if Kellogg is eligible to play or not. I hear they both know just like the UIL does too.

Let it go.

If you start a new thread, I'll simply delete it. I'm not talking just you, all parties still posting on something that happened two nights ago, was discussed and is over with. The Cardinals won and since then both teams have won again.

Why not move on with your life, be the bigger man and let a dead issue die?

Why would you delete the topic if it was discussed in another thread. What "bylaws" are being broken by giving facts about baseball?

Do as you wish. I feel ignorant arguing with you over this, I truly do. I could have been reading my book this entire time.

Enjoy yourself.

I am not sure what you are calling an argument??? An argument is when two people offer differing view points on an issue and fight to see who is right. We have yet to discuss anything and you have yet to offer anything but directives to this "argument."

Please respond to what my statement (which you deleted) has to do with an AD, a superintendent, and eligibility? I will repeat it, BC beat HF 10-7, it was a good game on both sides, the homerun by the Kellogg kid from BC was the difference. Kellogg has sure turned into a "handy" transfer for BC, especially right when district play began.

Do as you wish. I feel ignorant arguing with you over this, I truly do. I could have been reading my book this entire time.

Enjoy yourself.

I am not sure what you are calling an argument??? An argument is when two people offer differing view points on an issue and fight to see who is right. We have yet to discuss anything and you have yet to offer anything but directives to this "argument."

Please respond to what my statement (which you deleted) has to do with an AD, a superintendent, and eligibility? I will repeat it, BC beat HF 10-7, it was a good game on both sides, the homerun by the Kellogg kid from BC was the difference. Kellogg has sure turned into a "handy" transfer for BC, especially right when district play began.

Come on Walt give it a rest. 

Come on Walt give it a rest.   

Dude, the guys name is Gabe, and don't shut him up, I would like a response to my deleted post. Please.

fisherking, Walt or dork...give it a rest.  You should be trying to develop a competitive football team and figure out why your softball team is losing now with you coaching first base?

I really enjoyed the JV game where BC racked up 18 runs right at the very beginning of the game~think it ended 21-2 and BC was able to let all the boys play on the JV.  With Freshmen M. Menard and C. Dishon up on Varsity and making contributions this season the future continues to look bright for the Cardinals.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476