What's going on in Nederland?

Guest 11/13Dad

leave it alone... The lady knows what she is doing!

Agreed, nothing good can come from airing private coaching decisions.  If kids are challenged by a coach then that is between the Coach and the player.  Do everyone a favor and delete.

I agree, the Lady does know what she is doing and I have the upmost respect for her and her

players.  She has proven  beyond a shadow of a doubt wherever she has coached that she knows

what she is doing.

However, when it is a post on a coach and team you want to delete it.  ???

Agreed, nothing good can come from airing private coaching decisions.  If kids are challenged by a coach then that is between the Coach and the player.  Do everyone a favor and delete.

Come on now. Of all the things that get discussed on this board, you're telling me that a coaches seemingly strange way of motivating her players is off limits.

Guest 11/13Dad

Just don't think anything good can come from it.  But it's your decision and you are a Bulldog, so it's your call.  May get very interesting.  Good luck.

Come on now. Of all the things that get discussed on this board, you're telling me that a coaches seemingly strange way of motivating her players is off limits.

Are you a parent of a kid? Have you met with the Coach? Seems a little shortsided to me. Bag what is your take on it?

Guest 11/13Dad

I'll keep a close eye 13, so you can sleep easy tonight.  ;D

Thanks BC.  You are doing a fine job

That's what I'm afraid of ETBU,  I don't think BAG has seen it yet.  BAG is the puppet master

Are you a parent of a kid? Have you met with the Coach? Seems a little shortsided to me. Bag what is your take on it?

No, I'm not a parent of a kid. Just heard this and it seemed a little strange to me. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a whole lot about softball, but I enjoy reading the posts of the people who do. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on this were.

I don't know Mr. Bulldog but perception is everthing and what you may  perceive may be not so true. Take it from someone that has had to learn the hard way. Best way to find out or if you have a question is man up and ask the Coach. Just my take but heck not my team or town so you know better than I.

No, I'm not a parent of a kid. Just heard this and it seemed a little strange to me. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a whole lot about softball, but I enjoy reading the posts of the people who do. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on this were.

Guest 11/13Dad

I'll take a stab before it gets too heated.  

Every coach has their style or plan. High school coaches and college coaches get paid to do a job. They get paid for their results. If a coach may see complacency set in then it is her/his job to motivate. If what you say is true and not just hearsay, then that may be her plan to motivate.  HER way, of doing HER business. They may have that 7-1 record and another successful trip into the playoffs because of her, not in spite of her.  

In college they may be told to turn in their uniform with no additional tryout. Not saying they are college players or college coaches but they are more similar than you may think.  Really on a much smaller scale but similar.

Hard to believe a woman with a newborn, husband that helps coach, and does so much for her community has a sour motive. She did take her team to one out with a state championship last year. Ya there are some coaches that do not belong in the profession but ninety nine percent of the time good people with kids best interest in mind. Someone has to be in charge and may as well be the coach. Juniors football coach made even the seniors earn the spots on a weekly basis last year. Thought it was odd but made the playoffs.  ;D

Guest BreakerCoach

I believe what you "heard" is not 100% accurate, thats why you dont start post like these and if you do you delete it!

Maybe because they are 7-1 instead of 8-0. Or maybe the coach doesn't feel that their 7 district wins were their best efforts. Could also be that her initial goals have been met and its time to raise the bar.  Sounds like a pretty good motivator to me to make a good team even better.

I believe what you "heard" is not 100% accurate, thats why you dont start post like these and if you do you delete it!

BreakerCoach, do as your signature says, "If you can't start it, stir it." :D

Guest 11/13Dad

Maybe because they are 7-1 instead of 8-0. Or maybe the coach doesn't feel that their 7 district wins were their best efforts. Could also be that her initial goals have been met and its time to raise the bar.  Sounds like a pretty good motivator to me to make a good team even better.

Exactly

It is entirely possible that what I heard was not "100% accurate." But, you are the 2nd person to suggest that this be deleted and all I did was bring up a topic for discussion.  

Guest BreakerCoach

It is entirely possible that what I heard was not "100% accurate." But, you are the 2nd person to suggest that this be deleted and all I did was bring up a topic for discussion.  

You brought up a rumor about a well respected coach for conversation ! So if its not accurate DELETE IT !

You brought up a rumor about a well respected coach for conversation ! So if its not accurate DELETE IT !

If you know that it is not accurate then what is the real story. The title of the post is "What's going on in Nederland?" Feel free to enlighten me.

Guest 11/13Dad

You thought it was "strange" if this re-tryout would have happened.  I think it is 100% unanimous so far that this would not be "strange" to those who have posted.  For you to think it is strange shows a little bit of unfamiliarity about the subject on your part.

If anything like this happened on my kids team then she would step up and earn her spot or be cut.  She must not have been able to contribute to the team.  

Do you know what a coach does?

I like the story by etbu about the football seniors in Huffman having to earn their starting status week to week.  Called Coaching.

I believe what you "heard" is not 100% accurate, that's why you dont start post like these and if you do you delete it!

If you know that it is not accurate then what is the real story. The title of the post is "What's going on in Nederland?" Feel free to enlighten me.

OK 81 I will bite and tell you that from the sounds of it may be a axe to grind. Are you really from Nederland? What is your angle? Maybe you should grow some and beat it up to NHS and ask the lady in person. Bobkat what up? Why are you allowing this to go on? If this is not a clear shot at a Coach then please redefine what is?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami