Another PG committ for LU?

Guest mffl

Kendrick Harris from Southwest C.C. in LA, same JUCO that LU signee E.B. Davis goes to. That brings the PG total to 3 in this recruiting class, of course that is unless one of them has been released from their LOI.

Did some research.

This kid was the player of the year in the SCC this year. He averaged 22 per game and 7.5 assists. He also shot 67% from behind the arc, granted he only took 36 shots, but that is still impressive. He only played 16 games. He had to sit out the first semester for some reason.

Of note though there are no stats at all for E.B. Davis??

Guest coachacola

Let's see who will be on scholarship next year:

Returning:

Anthony Miles, 5-11 G  (PG?)

Shane Mahoney, 6-1 G (PG?)

Skyler Williams, 6-2 G

Ashton Hall, 6-6 F

Coy Custer, 6-10 C (academic scholarship?)

Charlie Harper, 6-4 G

Lawrence Nwevo, 6-8 F/C

Justin Nabors, 6-6 F

Verbal Commitments:

Osas Ebomwonyi, 6-8 F

Nuno Muandumba, 5-11 PG

Stan Brown, 6-7 F

Joshua Wesley, 6-5 F

Jonathan Garza, 5-11 PG

Others:

Brandon Moton, 6-5 G (supposedly already at Lamar)

Kendrick Harris & EB Davis from Southwest CC

That's 16 scholarships, or 15 if Custer is on an academic scholarship.  Is 12 the maximum scholarships Lamar can offer?  Looks like there 2 or 3 players from this list that won't be at Lamar next year.

So what about Shane? He's a nice point guard that can do everything but score...at least in his first two years of eligability...would be great on a team with some big trees down low that need to get fed...but if we have two or three other small guards that can also run the point AND CAN SCORE and there are NO big trees down low, where does he fit? And don't we need scholarships for other needs?

Did some research.

This kid was the player of the year in the SCC this year. He averaged 22 per game and 7.5 assists. He also shot 67% from behind the arc, granted he only took 36 shots, but that is still impressive. He only played 16 games. He had to sit out the first semester for some reason.

I've been looking for some stuff on him but haven't found any, where did you find this info? If I was Roc I'd keep Miles at the 1. He proved that he could win games with him playing floor general.

Just googled "Kendrick Harris" basketball.

Mahoney is not on scholarship.

Nwevo's scholarship is probably up.

Not sure that all of the signed guys for next year are on scholarship. Also I look for one of them to not be here next year. I don't think Davis is a go.

Guest coachacola

Someone here talked to Nwevo during one of the games  last month and said that Nwevo is excited about next year so he should be back.  If he doesn't come back then the team will really be hurting inside with only Custer and 3 freshmen.  I see Nwevo and Custer sharing minutes at the post position. 

If Custer and Mahoney are not on athletic scholarships then that's 6 schollies for the returning players, 5 more for the freshmen, plus 1 for Moton.  That's 12 schollies right there and isn't that the limit?  I think Roc only has verbals from the HS players and who knows if everybody will be back so we'll see who's actually on the team next year.

We could see this lineup next year:

C - Custer/Nwevo/(Ebomwonyi/Brown/Wesley ??)

PF - Nabors/(Ebomwonyi/Brown/Wesley ??)

SF - Hall/Harper/Moton

SG - Moton/Harper/Williams

PG - Miles/Muandumba/Mahoney/Garza

Hopefully some of those freshmen can step in and play.  Nwevo and Nabors will probably be a little rusty to start the season.  Who besides Miles can score from the guard position? 

Guest coachacola

Rivals lists 6 recruits for Lamar with EB Davis the only one that has signed his LOI.  6-7 Stan Brown from Chicago is no longer on the list but 5-11 Harris.  So Roc is signing 3 PGs under 6 feet along with 5-11 Miles.  I don't get it.

Rivals lists 6 recruits for Lamar with EB Davis the only one that has signed his LOI.  6-7 Stan Brown from Chicago is no longer on the list but 5-11 Harris.  So Roc is signing 3 PGs under 6 feet along with 5-11 Miles.  I don't get it.

And remember that two weeks ago I submitted a link from Baytown paper (former local writer Dave Rogers) that said that Busby, former Kountze player who was at Lee College the last two years, had signed with Lamar in the fall.  First time I had heard of this.

• 1 month later...
Guest abovetherim

Did some research.

Harris was All-Conference two years.

I had lunch today with someone who knows the Wesley kid and said that he is a player..........and will make a instant impact on the LU lineup!!!!!! 8) 8)

Bye Bye Josh Wesley...

from RCS Sports on Apr. 30th:

Speaking of San Jac, coach Gernander has landed some toughness in the frontcourt with Hightower HS pf Josh Wesley (originally signed with Lamar).  He will join high school teammate, Daryell Taylor in the Ravens' lineup.

Guest mffl

Thanks for that, must of overread it. I think Justin Wesley will be a better addition, Texashoops analysis of him says that his best days are in front of him, and he's more of a legit PF with 6'7 to 6'8 heighth.

Guest DickVitale

JUSTIN Wesley is the kid that MOVED from Houston to North Crowley after Ike....People ALWAYS confuse he and JOSH Wesley....Both are pretty good players, too!

Guest mffl

JUSTIN Wesley is the kid that MOVED from Houston to North Crowley after Ike....People ALWAYS confuse he and JOSH Wesley....Both are pretty good players, too!

No confusion here DV, I was talking about JUSTIN Wesley. He is whose set to sign.

Guest coachacola

I think the spring signing period ends May 20th so I'm guessing Roc will wait until then to announce his signing class.

Hey DV, do you know much about the South Coast Conference that Kendrick Harris played in?  He put up some good numbers there and was the south division player of the year, but I have no idea if that league is any good.  How does that league compare to others?

Guest DickVitale

Marginal juco league at best...They do not give scholarships in California juco ball and they dont usually keep the best talent there for that reason. They don't even compete in the NJCAA...They play for the California STATE JUCO championship.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont