Where will BCG end up?

Guest DickVitale

He will land on Bill Self's Kansas staff next season, then get the Texas Tech job the following year once Pat Knight gets ousted.

Guest DickVitale

Timing...They are going to honor this last year of Pat Knight's deal then let him go..After all, Bobby Knight took the job to eventually get him hired in the first place...Let it run its course, then hire Gillespie after this firing has died down.  Even though BCG is still a good coach, right now he would be looked at as UK's sloppy seconds....Trust me when I tell you, its all in the Texas Tech plan. ;)

Guest spinks

Timing...They are going to honor this last year of Pat Knight's deal then let him go..After all, Bobby Knight took the job to eventually get him hired in the first place...Let it run its course, then hire Gillespie after this firing has died down.  Even though BCG is still a good coach, right now he would be looked at as UK's sloppy seconds....Trust me when I tell you, its all in the Texas Tech plan. ;)

I agree they should let Pat Knights contract run its course but who is to say a more attractive job does not come open next year and he takes it.  If I were Texas Tech I would not wait!

Guest DickVitale

Yeah, but I think BCG goes BACK to the BIG 12.....Particularly here in Texas...This is one of the few places where people still feel he can really coach! UK was a raw deal for him and we all know that...Calipari will kick butt at UK to make matters worse on BCG, but people forget that BCG was the third or fourth guy down the line of choices when they hired him...

Gotcha.  That why I was asking, because I didn't know the contract situation.  

Guest spinks

Yeah, but I think BCG goes BACK to the BIG 12.....Particularly here in Texas...This is one of the few places where people still feel he can really coach! UK was a raw deal for him and we all know that...Calipari will kick butt at UK to make matters worse on BCG, but people forget that BCG was the third or fourth guy down the line of choices when they hired him...

I was told by my guy inside the UK athletic dept that last time the only guy they wanted more than BCG was Donovan and he told me that again yesterday.  They did not even call Calipari last time and his exact words were..........."why would we get Rick Barnes when all he does is underachieve at Texas."  So all of those other things were rumors.  BCG was their number 2 last time and it just turned out to be the wrong choice.  It is so funny how quick we all forget how hot BCG was two years ago.  He was invincible throughout college basketball and now he has a bad run and we all forget how good he was.

You are right in the fact if he is smart he will take a job inside of texas.  That is where his bread is buttered.

I was told by my guy inside the UK athletic dept that last time the only guy they wanted more than BCG was Donovan and he told me that again yesterday.  They did not even call Calipari last time and his exact words were..........."why would we get Rick Barnes when all he does is underachieve at Texas."  So all of those other things were rumors.  BCG was their number 2 last time and it just turned out to be the wrong choice.  It is so funny how quick we all forget how hot BCG was two years ago.  He was invincible throughout college basketball and now he has a bad run and we all forget how good he was.

You are right in the fact if he is smart he will take a job inside of texas.  That is where his bread is buttered.

Maybe a "bad run" for Kentucky's standards, but 22-14 isn't all that bad...SEC having a down year didn't really help his cause.  I don't see him becoming anyone's assistant at this time...I think he wants to be a head coach, and Georgia could be the answer.  Yes he should come back to Texas, or at least the Big XII, but I don't see him waiting around for that call!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami