West Hardin Oilers ??

"A school which does not participate in baseball after registering may be suspended in this activity for a period of one year, unless sufficient justification is shown for not entering a team. "  This is straight out of the uil baseball manual.

Not having enough players should keep them from any penalties.  This should be justification enough.

football you need to read your own post.

"sufficient justification for not entering a team" sounds like not putting a team in to start a season not justification for cancelling a season once it has begun.

Schools can choose to not have a football team, or a volleyball team or a baseball or softball team, but once you do then the "not entering" clause seems to be a moot point. They did enter and as such penalties should be the only option the UIL can take.

Might not be fair to the players coming after, but it would seem to be the way it is.

I for one am still surprised that a school the size of West Hardin (only two years removed from 2A) can't field a team for baseball.

WOW!

football you need to read your own post.

"sufficient justification for not entering a team" sounds like not putting a team in to start a season not justification for cancelling a season once it has begun.

"A school which does not participate in baseball after registering may be suspended in this activity for a period of one year, unless sufficient justification is shown for not entering a team. "  This is straight out of the uil baseball manual.

Read closely about after registering a team. It could effect them but most likely not. Not having enough players is sufficent. You can't make a kid participate.

I do not think there will be any trouble for West Hardin Next year, as long as they have enough kids to play.  Leggett has battled this before over the past few years.  High Island was not able to field a team back in 85 and had to cancel their season before District play and then was able to play the next season.  I doubt UIL will punish WH for not having enough kids turn out to play.  The only way UIL will make a stink about it is if other Districts make formal complaints and follow the process.  I doubt that will happen.  There is no need!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont