WOS-35 LCM-14 Final/Latest On Driver

KFDM COOP

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GoStangs

SAMRT MOVE trying to control the clock, if you ask me. If LCM sits on the ball, WOS can't score any more.

I agree, but if you're trying to win the game, you have to do something more than just sit on the clock -- you have to score at some point, too. :lol:

It did seem as if they were saying, "Let's just make it respectable." They would let the clock run all the way down between plays in the first quarter. Their D was doing an admirable job in the first half. I just think that sends a lousy message when they are actually playing fairly well.

All we've done since Moody has came to LCM has is run, run, and run the ball some more even though we dont have big physical offensive lines. That too me is the main reason that we havent had any succsess on the football field. You have to be able to move the ball throught the air every once and a while to be successful now-a-days. Its not like we dont have any talent at wideout, we have excelent recievers in Josh Thomas and Phillip Richard. But what do I know I'm just a basketball player.

Well, they had 12 pass attempts (and we only had 14) but only four completions and 54 yards. They were up against a reasonably stout secondary. It did seem like they only passed when they had to. Other than a few nice runs, the running game didn't really seem to ever get off the ground.

Guest Bridge City Card

WOS looked rusty tonight. I actually sit on the WOS side tonight and heard several people complaining about the play calling on Offense. Why not throw the ball more on 1st and 2nd down? Need More shorter passes with those Athletes!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a ridiculous situation. My son is one and he knows that when a player runs out of bounds, you stop the clock. Then the bear players hauling butt to the locker room... just silly... but all it did was keep it 35-14 instead of an almost certain 42-14.

In 1992' date=' LC-M got WO-S disqualified from the playoffs so that they could get in. They discovered that one of our bench players had an "incomplete" on a report card, and somehow (the story goes) the coaches were unaware. instead of reporting it immediately (the first week) they waited for six weeks, so we would have to forfeit enough games to miss the playoffs. It was a mistake on our part, but dirty of them to sit on it long enough to benefit themselves.[/quote']

I guess I have always wondered how the 3-4 admins at LCM knew that this player had an "I" on his report card? My guess has always been that a WOS teacher had to tell one of them. Is that the case? If that is the case, why wouldn't the WOS teacher have told Hooks about this as soon as he knew of it? Wouldn't that have diffused this situation and never put WOS in a position to be DQ'd?

Guest GoStangs

I guess I have always wondered how the 3-4 admins at LCM knew that this player had an "I" on his report card? My guess has always been that a WOS teacher had to tell one of them. Is that the case? If that is the case, why wouldn't the WOS teacher have told Hooks about this as soon as he knew of it? Wouldn't that have diffused this situation and never put WOS in a position to be DQ'd?

It would have, but as in many places, you're always going to have a disgruntled worker. I'll leave that part at that. The problem then becomes who he turned the information over to, when that occurred, and the lack of action taken. Anyway you cut it, it was a bad sequence of events that happened, and the consequence to their negative behavior was very upsetting.

Thank God Driver is OK. I was very worried for that young man.

I thought that Moody's approach to the game was pretty smart. He knew that, that was probably the only way he was going to win. By limiting our possessions and trying to keep it close until late, he may have been able to wear us out and pull out the win.

You have to respect the man for HAVING a game plan and sticking to it. However, it seems the WO-S players were just better conditioned, again. It looked to me like the Bears started running out of gas about midway through the 3rd.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder