Ken Shamrock suspended one year for alleged anabolic-steroid use

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25

The California State Athletic Commission has suspended UFC hall-of-famer and MMA trailblazer Ken Shamrock one year and fined him $2,500 after the 45-year-old failed a drug test due to numerous anabolic agents.

In an email sent to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), CSAC Assistant Executive Officer Bill Douglas stated that Shamrock tested positive for 19-Norandrosterone, 19-Noretiocholanolone and Stanozolol following a Feb. 13 Wargods event.

Shamrock had been slated to fight Bobby Lashley later this month at a "March Badness" hybrid MMA/boxing event.

Shamrock's bout with Lashley was recently promoted to the MMA portion's main event following the cancellation of a scheduled Seth Petruzelli vs. Doug Marshall fight. The event, promoted by the event's boxing headliner Roy Jones Jr. and his Square Ring Promotions company, takes place at the Pensacola Civic Center in Florida on March 21 and airs on pay per view.

It's too soon to know if the organization will be able to find a replacement for Shamrock. The event takes place in just 10 days.

At the Wargods event, Shamrock snapped a five-fight, four-year losing skid with a win over super heavyweight Ross Clifton. However, a drug test administered at the Fresno event came back positive for the banned substances.

Both 19-Norandrosterone and 19-Noretiocholanolone are metabolites of nandrolone, an anabolic steroid. Stanozolol, commonly sold under the name Winstrol, is a synthetic anabolic steroid derived from testosterone.

Shamrock has the option to appeal the CSAC's findings.

In a Wednesday interview with TAGG Radio, MMAjunkie.com's official radio partner, Shamrock complained about the difficulty of putting on weight.

"I'm shooting for 225 (pounds)," Shamrock said in reference to the March 21 event. "Right now I'm 220, 221 (pounds). It's hard as heck to put on weight when you're training. You're doing two-a-days. You're throwing 500 punches a day. You're doing 30 or 35 minutes of continuous grappling with fresh guys.

"To put on weight in that kind of an atmosphere is harder than hell, and that's kind of what I'm doing right now, just shoving food in me every two hours and getting the right supplements and the right diet. It's a tough thing to do."

Douglas and the CSAC declined to comment any further on the matter.

I wonder how many of these guys are on stuff, do you guys think that it is like the other sports and that they are on stuff that the tests are not catching yet, except for Ken "I should have retired after the second Tito fight" Shamrock.

I mean I like Lashley, but also know that 99% of the people in the world can not get that big naturally. I mean look at Lesnar, he had to cut from near 300 to make 265 in his first UFC fight. Now he looks about 280 prefight, and is noticeably smaller than when he rassled.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476