25-1A All District

MVP #30 felix Jones SP... he turned the sharks team around and was the best player on that team.

Offensive #5 T-cope WH... flat out scored the basketball from everywhere on the floor.

Defensive #12 George Wittaker Spurger...blocked alot of shots and changed even more. He held his own in the paint.

Hope this helps... its not all district but its what i know. :-\

While everyone has a different opinion on what the district MVP is I believe it is meant to be the best player in the district.That award should go to Tyler Copeland.While I don't have any scoring averages in front of me I think the offensive POY should be Daniel Blankenship.In the games I saw he scored both off the dribble and was a good 3-pt shooter as well.Whittacre was good defensive stopper and rebounder so I'll agree with the defensive nod.Jones should definitely be a unanimous first team pick.

How i see it...

Copeland is a great player but not the MVP.

When do the mvp ever come from the 5th place team out of 6?

He is the best Offensive of player no doubt.

You take Copeland away from west hardin, they are still in 5th place

If you take Jones from Sabine would they have did what they did this year?

Guess me and jones better get ready for aau now...

Great season to every one

While everyone has a different opinion on what the district MVP is I believe it is meant to be the best player in the district.That award should go to Tyler Copeland.While I don't have any scoring averages in front of me I think the offensive POY should be Daniel Blankenship.In the games I saw he scored both off the dribble and was a good 3-pt shooter as well.Whittacre was good defensive stopper and rebounder so I'll agree with the defensive nod.Jones should definitely be a unanimous first team pick.

IMO I think they got it right.The mvp should have been between felix or daniel cant go wrong with either

one.I think whittaker and copeland got what they deserved.(def & off poy).Im not sure but i hear the spurger coach

was the front runner for coach of the year in 25a. congrats to all the young men.

Can't argue with the young guy from Spurger being the coach of the year,he did a great job.I think SP would have been the runner up with or without #30.He was a solid player but they had more depth than the folks behind them in the race.I think the MVP should be the best overall player in the district regardless of where his club finishes.If you would have a mock draft out of the players in this district Copeland would be the first player picked.While AAU clubs may help with individual skills,SP needs to get involved in a good league as a team if they want to improve as a club.

Can't argue with the young guy from Spurger being the coach of the year,he did a great job.I think SP would have been the runner up with or without #30.He was a solid player but they had more depth than the folks behind them in the race.I think the MVP should be the best overall player in the district regardless of where his club finishes.If you would have a mock draft out of the players in this district Copeland would be the first player picked.While AAU clubs may help with individual skills,SP needs to get involved in a good league as a team if they want to improve as a club.

I agree to a point, Out of the 5 or so games i watch copeland play he was awsome on offense but didnt

play much def at all.To me the MVP should play both ends of the court and help his club win. I think it was said on this thread that if you took copeland away from WH they would have still been in 5th place. I allso agree with you

on SP, they need to play together all summer it will make a difference on team play.

felix jones did what he had to make his team better... defense and offense. Copeland was an offensive monster but if he was so good then why did his team get 5th and dont tell me that he did not have anyone around him because he did. HI beat them and they ended up 1-9. Copeland was the best offensive player in the district but not the best overall player.

When does the team record come into play win choseing MVP.???

If SP ended up 5th and WH ended up 2nd who would have got MVP?

Guest THE SCOUTER

MVP #30 felix Jones SP... he turned the sharks team around and was the best player on that team.

Offensive #5 T-cope WH... flat out scored the basketball from everywhere on the floor.

Defensive #12 George Wittaker Spurger...blocked alot of shots and changed even more. He held his own in the paint.

Hope this helps... its not all district but its what i know. :-\

Thats a nice list. Good group of young men.

Guest THE SCOUTER

IMO I think they got it right.The mvp should have been between felix or daniel cant go wrong with either

one.I think whittaker and copeland got what they deserved.(def & off poy).Im not sure but i hear the spurger coach

was the front runner for coach of the year in 25a. congrats to all the young men.

Daniel and Felix, that must have been a hard decision. I think it could have went either way. Daniel's three ball is more consistent. Felix is alot quicker IMO. They both play well on the defensive side.

Guest THE SCOUTER

Congratulations Coach Issac, you definitely deserved it.

copeland might not have played great D but i think SP had two guys that played better D than Jones and Copeland other than the big kid from spurger probably was the 2nd best rebounder in the district and wasn't he District MVP last year?

I believe that was his brother.

Last year...

His brother got Offensive POY and copeland got MVP. This must have been another hard choice becuse Philip had a moster season as a Senior and Copeland great offensively couldnt get his team in the playoffs. Wow I wonder how it will turn out next year without Copeland in the mix.

How i see it...

Copeland is a great player but not the MVP.

When do the mvp ever come from the 5th place team out of 6?

He is the best Offensive of player no doubt.

You take Copeland away from west hardin, they are still in 5th place

If you take Jones from Sabine would they have did what they did this year?

Guess me and jones better get ready for aau now...

Great season to every one

What AAU team do you guys play with during the summer?

Guest THE SCOUTER

Our team name is Top Flight Port Arthur

We had our 1st game last night and came out on top in the last 2mins

Our leading scorer was Diontae Forney(nederland) and Felix Jones(Sabine Pass)

Can we have stats if you don't mind. I like to hear how these young men are doing outside of school.

I would urge anyone to get some tape of Copeland in his sophomore season and watch his defense.He didn't have any help this year on the offensive end.I'm sure he was probably instructed not to be to aggressive on "D" because if he gets in foul trouble the Oilers weren't going to score.If your MVP is the player who helped his team finish high in the standings then Jones is a good choice.If it's the best player then Copeland is your man.Did they ever put out a complete list??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83