'Cats top Titans at OF Tournament

The OL has a new stringer!

By Mark Marshall

The Orange Leader

ORANGEFIELD- The Orangefield Bobcats opened the 2009 Bobcat Baseball Tournament on Thursday against the Port Arthur Memorial Titans and came away with a 7-1 win. Orangefield got a complete game on the mound from Brock Whitson as well as a homerun from both Chase Angelle and Quinton Evans to seal the win.

The Bobcats (7-0) jumped out to an early lead in the first inning. Jace Statum led the inning off with a triple to center field and then came in to score off the bat of Angelle who took a 2-2 pitch and sent it over the left field wall to make the score 2-0 Bobcats.

Memorial would answer right back in the second inning. Titan centerfielder Paul Roy singled and then stole second and third base. Stedmen Haynes then singled to bring Roy home and cut the Orangefield lead to 2-1.

The ‘Cats extended their lead to 3-1 in the fifth after Kyle Fontenot doubled and Josh Watson singled to bring Fontenot home.

Orangefield brought in 4 insurance runs in the bottom of the sixth. Jonathan Deramus led the inning off with a walk and advanced to third on a Jacob Felts double. Zach Peevey then doubled into the left-centerfield gap to plate Deramus and Felts. Quinton Evans followed that up by crushing a 2-2 pitch over the wall in center field to make the final score of 7-1.

Whitson went the distance on the mound for the Bobcats and gave up 1 run on 7 hits with 4 strikeouts. Felts led the Bobcats at the plate going 2-3 with a single and double. Angelle and Quinton Evans each went 1-3 with the homerun a piece.

The OL has a new stringer!

By Mark Marshall

The Orange Leader

ORANGEFIELD- The Orangefield Bobcats opened the 2009 Bobcat Baseball Tournament on Thursday against the Port Arthur Memorial Titans and came away with a 7-1 win. Orangefield got a complete game on the mound from Brock Whitson as well as a homerun from both Chase Angelle and Quinton Evans to seal the win.

The Bobcats (7-0) jumped out to an early lead in the first inning. Jace Statum led the inning off with a triple to center field and then came in to score off the bat of Angelle who took a 2-2 pitch and sent it over the left field wall to make the score 2-0 Bobcats.

Memorial would answer right back in the second inning. Titan centerfielder Paul Roy singled and then stole second and third base. Stedmen Haynes then singled to bring Roy home and cut the Orangefield lead to 2-1.

The ‘Cats extended their lead to 3-1 in the fifth after Kyle Fontenot doubled and Josh Watson singled to bring Fontenot home.

Orangefield brought in 4 insurance runs in the bottom of the sixth. Jonathan Deramus led the inning off with a walk and advanced to third on a Jacob Felts double. Zach Peevey then doubled into the left-centerfield gap to plate Deramus and Felts. Quinton Evans followed that up by crushing a 2-2 pitch over the wall in center field to make the final score of 7-1.

Whitson went the distance on the mound for the Bobcats and gave up 1 run on 7 hits with 4 strikeouts. Felts led the Bobcats at the plate going 2-3 with a single and double. Angelle and Quinton Evans each went 1-3 with the homerun a piece.

Wait a second.....what you mean new stringer?  ???  Good story by the way when can i start gabe?

Yeah the first "stringer" was no good  :D :D. We shipped him to Carthage.

Move back down and I'll put you to work. Then I can sit around and wait on ya'll to write

Hey I need a job! Oh wait, they are all finished playing basketball in Orange County this season. ;)

I do think Silsbee sports needs to be covered more in the Orange Leader, so in that case, I am your man. ;D

We lost tonight so we don't play at 8. We play at 11:15 tomorrow and if we win that again at 3:45 I think. I can't be at the 11:15 game  >:(

Me either. I'm actually off tomorrow but still going to games (I just wanted out of office duty). I might come take pix at 345. I'll text ya. I might go to Nederland though and catch some of BC. Who knows lol. Too much going on at once, plus going to eat with my sister for lunch. Geez. Sounds like a great, relaxing day off now that I think of it.

Oh, and I would wear maroon every day. ;D

And resumes go through me, sorry you're out. I can't discriminate against race, sex or creed but nowwhere does it say I can't discriminate against Aggies.

I must have slipped under the radar then  ;D

You tell'em, Mark. He wouldn't hire me because then he would be outnumbered and afraid of being influenced over to the Jedi side. He wants to remain on the Dark side.

Oh, and I would wear maroon every day. ;D

And resumes go through me, sorry you're out. I can't discriminate against race, sex or creed but nowwhere does it say I can't discriminate against Aggies.

I must have slipped under the radar then  ;D

You tell'em, Mark. He wouldn't hire me because then he would be outnumbered and afraid of being influenced over to the Jedi side. He wants to remain on the Dark side.

I'm completely on the Dark Side. I'm a Yankees fan too remember.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124