Dick Vitale- How about this perspective?

Guest stevenash

Guest stevenash

I am going to guess that, on a percentage of population basis, Hardin County by virtue of Hardin Jefferson, Silsbee, and Kountze has a larger percentage of its population still represented in the playoffs than any other county in the state.  (obviously this is a guess)  Would anyone care to confute said theory/guess?

I am going to guess that, on a percentage of population basis, Hardin County by virtue of Hardin Jefferson, Silsbee, and Kountze has a larger percentage of its population still represented in the playoffs than any other county in the state.  (obviously this is a guess)  Would anyone care to confute said theory/guess?

I would, but my head hurts. I'll just take your word on it. ;) ;D

Guest stevenash

Houston has more. Houston Yates, Wheatley, and whoever else lol.

On a population percentage basis, my bet is that it isn't even close.  Furthermore, I would guess that those schools are likely in different counties.

Guest stevenash

I would, but my head hurts. I'll just take your word on it. ;) ;D

Heck we could even expand that to number of  playoff dunks executed as a percentage of county population.

Disclaimer:  This post was not intended to be race,sex, or gender specific.

Sorry, Fort Bend ISD has Hightower left and I want to say HT has more kids in their school than Kountze, Silsbee, and the Hardin part of H-J combined.....

Right now, since most of H-J ISD is in Jefferson Co., it maybe safe to say Jefferson is ahead of Hardin......

Guest stevenash

Sorry, Fort Bend ISD has Hightower left and I want to say HT has more kids in their school than Kountze, Silsbee, and the Hardin part of H-J combined.....

Right now, since most of H-J ISD is in Jefferson Co., it maybe safe to say Jefferson is ahead of Hardin......

Perhaps you misunderstand me.  I am suggesting that the number of players still in the playoffs from within a specific county.  In this case, a small county with a small relative population still represented by about 45 players(3 rosters of about 5) is positive for my scenario.  You would calculate by taking the number of residents in the entire county (not school population) and get the percentage.  If Hardin  Countyhas 3 teams (bout 45 players) then you calculate what percentage 15 is of the entire county.  IF you take the 15 players from HIghtower aka Fort bend county and calculate that percentage, I am simply saying that 45 divided by the hardin county population is a higher percentage than 15 players divided by the Ft. Bend County population.  According to the 2007 census, Ft. Bend County has 509,000 residents and Hardin County has 52,000 residents.  Therefore, I could say that .0008653% of Hardin County residents are still in the playoffs (thats 45 divided by 52000) and Ft. Bend County has .0000294% residents still in the playoffs.  If you assume that half of the hj players are Jefferson County residents (which is too high) the hardin county percentage is still 24 times higher than Ft. Bend County.

Perhaps you misunderstand me.  I am suggesting that the number of players still in the playoffs from within a specific county.  In this case, a small county with a small relative population still represented by about 45 players(3 rosters of about 5) is positive for my scenario.  You would calculate by taking the number of residents in the entire county (not school population) and get the percentage.  If Hardin  Countyhas 3 teams (bout 45 players) then you calculate what percentage 15 is of the entire county.  IF you take the 15 players from HIghtower aka Fort bend county and calculate that percentage, I am simply saying that 45 divided by the hardin county population is a higher percentage than 15 players divided by the Ft. Bend County population.  According to the 2007 census, Ft. Bend County has 509,000 residents and Hardin County has 52,000 residents.   Therefore, I could say that .0008653% of Hardin County residents are still in the playoffs (thats 45 divided by 52000) and Ft. Bend County has .0000294% residents still in the playoffs.  If you assume that half of the hj players are Jefferson County residents (which is too high) the hardin county percentage is still 24 times higher than Ft. Bend County.

Breathe deeply.....

So Hardin Co. has more kids per capita still playing in the tournament than any other county.  Gotcha.....

I still think they're more kids in Jefferson going to H-J than not.  China, Nome, the north side of Cheeks(north of Trahan Rd.)  Meeker, Imes Rd, etc.  Lots of new construction in West Jefferson Co. in the last 15 years....

Guest stevenash

Perhaps you misunderstand me.  I am suggesting that the number of players still in the playoffs from within a specific county.  In this case, a small county with a small relative population still represented by about 45 players(3 rosters of about 5) is positive for my scenario.  You would calculate by taking the number of residents in the entire county (not school population) and get the percentage.  If Hardin  Countyhas 3 teams (bout 45 players) then you calculate what percentage 15 is of the entire county.  IF you take the 15 players from HIghtower aka Fort bend county and calculate that percentage, I am simply saying that 45 divided by the hardin county population is a higher percentage than 15 players divided by the Ft. Bend County population.  According to the 2007 census, Ft. Bend County has 509,000 residents and Hardin County has 52,000 residents.   Therefore, I could say that .0008653% of Hardin County residents are still in the playoffs (thats 45 divided by 52000) and Ft. Bend County has .0000294% residents still in the playoffs.  If you assume that half of the hj players are Jefferson County residents (which is too high) the hardin county percentage is still 24 times higher than Ft. Bend County.

Breathe deeply.....

So Hardin Co. has more kids per capita still playing in the tournament than any other county.  Gotcha.....

I still think they're more kids in Jefferson going to H-J than not.  China, Nome, the north side of Cheeks(north of Trahan Rd.)  Meeker, Imes Rd, etc.  Lots of new construction in West Jefferson Co. in the last 15 years....

Breathe deeply.....

No need to breathe deeply - if entire HJ team is from Jefferson County (and that isnt true by any stretch of the imagination)my contention still stands (please refer to assumption within the text that half of HJ players are from Jefferson County.  Additionally, the combined population of Hardin and Jefferson County is still half othat of Ft. Bend County.  Therefore, mental giantry is not required to conclude that 45 players representing 250,000 people is a substantially greater percentage than 15 players representing over 500,000 residents.  New construction, etc.etc. etc. will have no effect on the theory.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder