Evadale 10 West Sabine 11 Final

Most of the runs were made on each team taking advantage of errors. Saw some good baserunning last night. A hit here and there were timely for both teams.

A good game that took 7 innings to sort out.. 

Lost fly balls in the outfield has always been a problem on this field, the Shorter light poles do some funny things to the high fly balls.

Maybe Pineland will fix this problem if they start there new field.

Both Teams will be fine by years in.

BucketSitr

That is the sign of good teams take advantage of the other teams mistakes. Timely hitting proves to be the thing that wins games. Alot of people saydefense wins games but timely hitting provides to be the thing that wins a game. I remember Scott Kazmir in high school would lose a game 1 to 0 due to a wild pitch because his team could not score a run. I believe both teams will be strong at the end of the yr. Does West Sabine still have the same coach?

I don't care much for McGinnis. I umpired a game and he squeezed up 12 or 13 runs on a team last yr. It was a classless move in my book. I am not trying to be mean but a lot of kids are losing the sense of wining and losing with class. I don't mean to be offensive to anyone but have some dignity for the kids on the losing side of the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

Gametime please don't hold any grudges against the kids of West Sabine.  They are only doing what they are told and I can vouch for them that they were not taught to play that way until McInnis came along.  If you were to talk to most fans they were not happy about the way he handled the team last year,  everyone can only hope that he has grown up after 4 seasons of coaching.  He had the luxury of inheriting a very good team last year and did not know what to do with it.

Talk about a classless move!!! How about griping about a coaching strategy when you have so many that berate the umpires.  Maybe the move was the wrong one.  Was the other team still stealing? (It makes a huge diff. imo)  Didn't  they execute  a squeeze play in the playoffs to tie or win a game? Maybe it was practice.  Maybe the kid that squeezed was 4-4 in the game and he bunted him so they could get an out. I don't know the circumstances but ya'll are bashing a coach who lead his team to the state tournament!!!  Last I checked only 4 of over 200 1A teams made it.

You are exactly right football, you don't know the circumstances of the season.  I'm talking about the games West Sabine beat other teams by 15 to 20 runs, teams that only won 3 or 4 games all season. And the whole time leaving the starting lineups in.  West Sabine never let up until the last inning of every game.  You might want to talk to some other coaches of West Sabine's district and see their feelings about the 08 season.  But you are right he did take them to State no body's denying that.

Yes I said classless. I have been on both sides as a coach and an umpire. Yes West Sabie was stealing and squeezing up atleast 12 and that is just disrespecting baseball. I have been around the game 22 yrs, which is not that long I know, but there are hidden rules of the game. One of them is do not steal or squeeze up more than 8-10 runs. It will come back to get the Coach and the bad thing is the kids will suffer. The kids from West Sabine were good people, nothing against them Diamond. Diamond you were right he inherited a very good team, when it comes down to it he is young and later it will come back to haunt him. Oh I heard you guys got a great Assisstant this yr., maybe he can take over the head spot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83