*WO-S vs Kirbyville Updates...7-3 Kirbyville Wins!*

It was a very well played ball game last night by both teams...Mustangs was leading it until the 4 then it was even 3-3 going into the 5th, then errors killed it for the Stangs.. Nice pitching for both teams. Keep your heads up Stangs this is the best record the team has had in 3 years!!! ;D

I want to reply to comment about the "Stangs looked down". I was there and do have to agree with that statement. I also do not want to sound as if I am making excuses but there are factors involved that need to be taken into consideration. 1) Most of the students have been working hard on the TAKS test all week. 2) The students were informed earlier in the day that the Inspire 12 program was being shut down. For those who do not know about the program, it is a privately funded program for graduating students from WO-S and LC-M. Provided the student meet certain requirements, the program pays for scholarships (everything but lodging) to any Texas state college. Last year they paid for 175 children to attend college. I know that from talking so some of the senior kids that they are hurt and feel like they have been thrown under the bus and are very disappointed. Now many of these kids will not be able to attend college because of finances. What I am trying to say is that yes they looked down but they had reasons to be if that was the case.

I want to reply to comment about the "Stangs looked down". I was there and do have to agree with that statement. I also do not want to sound as if I am making excuses but there are factors involved that need to be taken into consideration. 1) Most of the students have been working hard on the TAKS test all week. 2) The students were informed earlier in the day that the Inspire 12 program was being shut down. For those who do not know about the program, it is a privately funded program for graduating students from WO-S and LC-M. Provided the student meet certain requirements, the program pays for scholarships (everything but lodging) to any Texas state college. Last year they paid for 175 children to attend college. I know that from talking so some of the senior kids that they are hurt and feel like they have been thrown under the bus and are very disappointed. Now many of these kids will not be able to attend college because of finances. What I am trying to say is that yes they looked down but they had reasons to be if that was the case.

The taks test doesnt affect athletes .. its an easy test .. and if they have finance problems they can get financial aid to pay their entire way including lodging some of my friends have financial aid that pays their way .. so those arent reasons to be down for a baseball game .. and besides once you step on the field you are supposed to have your mind on baseball only nothing else .. congrats on the win cats hope you do much better than last years team did

The taks test doesnt affect athletes .. its an easy test .. and if they have finance problems they can get financial aid to pay their entire way including lodging some of my friends have financial aid that pays their way .. so those arent reasons to be down for a baseball game .. and besides once you step on the field you are supposed to have your mind on baseball only nothing else .. congrats on the win cats hope you do much better than last years team did

??? ??? ???

Kirbyville played OK.  by far one of the worst so far, but I was really impressed with the attitudes from the kids. Last year they would have shut down and played the sympathy role, "OH NO NOT AGAIN",

I am proud of our boys for stepping it up when the game was on the line.  Keep working hard boys and lets play well in Orangefield.  Lets show them Kirbyville is for real!!!!!!

Kirbyville played OK.  by far one of the worst so far, but I was really impressed with the attitudes from the kids. Last year they would have shut down and played the sympathy role, "OH NO NOT AGAIN",

I am proud of our boys for stepping it up when the game was on the line.  Keep working hard boys and lets play well in Orangefield.  Lets show them Kirbyville is for real!!!!!!

no one ever quit on a game last year and no one had that mind set .. we played every game to win and played hard throughout the whole game never giving up .. there's no whining in baseball and we never whined

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami