Nederland's future stars

garrett

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WR do take hits, but not as many as a QB in a pass oriented spread offense.

Say we throw 40 times a game, that's 40 possible times he'll get layed out. A WR may only be thrown to a handful times a game, which means he may get hit around 3-5 times a game...maybe more.

He has also lost 3 offensive lineman, one of which was way overrated (that's a whole other topic). Point being, he wants to stay healthy so he can pursue a college career in baseball, so let him change positions.

I can't imagine anyone other than Kirby behind center next year, but you never know. Tough to lose the experience on the line but somehow they pull another group together year after year. Huber will be missed for sure as will the others.

Guest 87CRU79

This isn't a knock against the kid, just an observation. But after most knockdowns or sacks, he normally would lay on the ground writhing in pain. Hits reached all levels, regular and hard.

I've played, coached, and have watched enough football to know that kid just doesn't cope with getting hit well.

All I've heard is that he had asked to be moved to WR, not that he is penciled in at WR. I'm sure Larry talked to him about past QB's that went on to play college baseball (ie Hood, Sullivan, and Moshier). If plays either position, I'm sure he'll do fine

Guest Brubaker

The Dude, Bellows sucked it up and played a playoff game on a wounded knee... weren't you one of the guys back in the day who caused the QB to lay on the ground writhing in pain... and I don't think you played defense.... oh wait, that can't be possible.  You are THE DUDE aren't you.  Man you know football, coach, player, former dIV college football stud, all knower of stuff football!

Guest 87CRU79

I'm just makin a point that I've had experience in football. The way you make educated assessments is thru experience and questioning, which was at the base of my observation.

Bru, I didn't attack you at all. Don't know what your deal is... Maybe to much pine ridin and second hand knowledge

Guest Brubaker

Dude,  I don't care if you attack me or don't, you're callin out a KID who's not on here to defend himself... I simply stated a FACT... He had a serious knee sprain that most didn't think he would be able to come back from in a week.  Guess what God's gift to "having coached, played, watched, sat in the coaches office, talked to everyone in offseason...." the kid sucked it up and played hurt.  I don't remember not one time that Bellows came out of the game due to a hit, other than when his knee was re-arranged in that playoff game.  Give the kid a break, you don't know as much as you think.  Don't make this about YOU and ME... this is about your BS comments to a KID who plays dang good at the QB position and has for two years. 

Guest 87CRU79

Definitely didn't attack the kid, and I especially stated that in my assessments. YOU are the one that attacked me, and I never said I was God's gift to anything. I was lucky to have had the opportunity to play multiple levels and coach at multiple levels.

Consider this thing between you and I (whatever this is) squashed.

I also stated whatever position he does play, he'll perform well because he's an athlete.

Without question and, Until further notice, there will be no more questions regarding previously submitted questions asked about asking questions, questioning others questions.

Nicely played!!

Thank you...now what was the question in question??  ;D

This is like watching Pirates of the Caribbean... ::)

I was just curious why you felt he shouldn't be asking questions.  But if you can't understand this, then never mind.

???  ???  ???

Any reason you ask this question about the questions?

You sure have a lot of questions...Please tell us that you are from Nederland?  ;)

Probably the same reason you are asking a question about a question that I asked regarding a question

Guest 87CRU79

Lovelady had an admirable performance in the CE King game. Takes someone w/ guts to be able to go double duty playing LB and RB. I could definitely see him toting the rock

Amen BRU!!! The tread started out about college possibilties & due to a few" misinformed player haters",quickly turned into this uncalled for attack on a kid. All he has done at this level is lead the district in passing yards,passing td's,all district,super team athelete,etc. for the last 2 years. He is a talented athlete & student, and will succede at whatever he decides to pursue at the college level.

Well, I have yet to find a QB that "likes to get hit." Sure, some take hits better than others(i.e. Brad Sullivan, Dustin Long, etc) and some do not take them as well. Either way, Bellow has been a good QB for Nederland for the last 2 years and performed leaps and bounds above what most people thought when Sampere got hurt a few years back. He has been pretty durable as well. I remember him missing a few series of a few games, but to my knowledge he has not missed a start since he took over. At a tough and physical position like QB, I think that says a lot for his toughness.

I agree with all of you about "calling kids out" on here being a bad idea. The "overrated(as you put it)" offensive lineman from last season must be doing something right. He got a full ride to Big 12 Baylor. He also showed himself very well last season in all of the camps that he went to and got "Most Outstanding Lineman" in one of them if I am remembering correctly.

Bellow has the opportunity to pursue either sport he chooses in college. That says a lot for him right there. He will probably go to a big D-1 as a pitcher.

I don't think that I would call that "attacking" really. Dude was just saying the kid doesn't take getting hit well. Geez lol!

Most QB's are taught to get back up quickly, dust themselves off, and sattle up again. I've personally seen some times where Bellow has milked it on the field, but I have also seen him play thru it.

He's a good kid and has done well the last 2 seasons. But I do see not having Asa being a problem for him, due to his being able to catch the ball within arms reach lol! I hope Barrow works with Kirby on making his progressions, and he should be fine.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami