BH Lady Eagles Bow Out In The Second Round

HillGuy

Lady Eagles fall in area round playoff game

From sports staff reports

Baytown Sun 

Published February 21, 2009 - Updated 52 minutes ago

WALLER — The Barbers Hill Lady Eagles girls basketball season came to an end Friday night with a 55-45 loss to Manor in the area round of the Class 4A playoffs.

Shannon Evans and Morgan Anderson led the way for the Lady Eagles with Evans picking up 14 points and Anderson picking up nine points.

The Lady Eagles finished their year at 26-10 overall.

This is where I predicted we would end out the year but we had a chance to pull this one out, coming back to within 3 points with under 2 min.  Manor is SOLID with very quick athletes and good post play.  Generally they out rebounded us,  particularly in the 3rd, and converted those rebounds to points, outscoring us 18-4.  That district with Hays, Del Valle and Manor is TOUGH!

But no worries, the young Lady Eagles had a great year and will come back re-loaded.  We lose one much loved senior in B. Gibbs, but my prediction for next Feb:  Regional Finals!!  Way to go girls, great effort and great season.

Lady Eagles fall in area round playoff game

From sports staff reports

Baytown Sun   

Published February 21, 2009 - Updated 52 minutes ago

WALLER — The Barbers Hill Lady Eagles girls basketball season came to an end Friday night with a 55-45 loss to Manor in the area round of the Class 4A playoffs.

Shannon Evans and Morgan Anderson led the way for the Lady Eagles with Evans picking up 14 points and Anderson picking up nine points.

The Lady Eagles finished their year at 26-10 overall.

This is where I predicted we would end out the year but we had a chance to pull this one out, coming back to within 3 points with under 2 min.  Manor is SOLID with very quick athletes and good post play.  Generally they out rebounded us,  particularly in the 3rd, and converted those rebounds to points, outscoring us 18-4.  That district with Hays, Del Valle and Manor is TOUGH!

But no worries, the young Lady Eagles had a great year and will come back re-loaded.  We lose one much loved senior in B. Gibbs, but my prediction for next Feb:  Regional Finals!!  Way to go girls, great effort and great season.

Hill who wrote this article? Who is the writer quoting or who is talking?  ???

"The Lady Eagles finished their year at 26-10 overall."

I believe that is where the article ends, and the rest is HillGuy in his own words. 

Correct...thank you Bobcat...It was late and I was delirious and I should have double spaced once more before my comments

;D

One thing I left out was that the Hill brought a huge house of fans on the 75 mi trek to Waller.  My daughter (and I) wanted to personally thank everyone who came out and got loud and roudy!  It makes a difference.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed