*OF vs. Navasota Updates...Navasota Wins!!!!!!!!*

KFDM COOP

Their defense was really good, they were all over us and we had no answer. They were also very fast. We turned it over A LOT! A lot of the girls played very scared. We only took 2 3's the whole night and missed both.  They beat us down court and made layup after layup, they never hit an outside shot. We couldn't make adjustments. I now wish we wouldn't have had a week off, because we just looked so flat from tip off.

There were 45 fouls called the whole game. We got within 2 in the 3rd, but they went on a run and there was no catching up.  The bad thing is, Navasota only has 3 seniors! 

It would have been nice to have had a game film on them...but we didn't for some reason.  >:(

I think Gabe said it best-

Simply put, the Lady Cats picked the worst night to play their worst game of the season.

Congratulations to Jessica Weldon, Allie Beach and Olivia Wagner on great careers. Nothing to hang your heads on girls, you will be remembered for a long time.

I am hoping this game was good experience for the underclassmen for next year, we return 7 next year.

I think the 2 late season games with HJ, while being good ballgames took a little out of each club emotionally.That and the fact it sounds like both Navasota and Madisonville both played very well in transition.It's hard to prepare for that in this area because after you get past the Ozen and Centrals of the area not alot of the clubs run.Congrats to the Lady Bobcats on a fine season.You have converted me into a fan and I will definitely come watch some next year.

I forgot to mention we missed a lot free throws.

WHAalum, I think you might be right.  Maybe we should have flipped for seeding and tried to play Evadale, Woodville, or Kountze, playing those teams would have been less of an emotional game win or lose.

There is always next year. We don't rebuild, we just reload  8)

Guest bleed orange

woodville,kountze or evadale huh............be careful what you wish for.............

I think what he means is, HJ is a rivalry game and a district foe. A lot of emotion goes into that one particular ball game.  Emotion can be draining sometimes. He was not saying anything bad about those teams. Matter of fact he complimenting those programs in my opinion. He was saying anyone of those 3 would have been  a good warm-up game for both clubs.

i understand, just trying to give the little schools some board time. I really believe larger schools would benefit a lot by playing some of our smaller area schools because the small schools really put some effort into trying to beat the bigger schools. So it would be a win-win situation. The small school has to play very very hard to win and the larger school gets a juiced up opponent with a lot of aggression.

Granted sometimes the little school just cant compete because of sheer numbers, but I think we all pretty much know who those smaller schools are that can put a quality team out there. Going up one class to play isnt to bad but when you start jumping up 2 classes you better be pretty good to compete.

Evadales game with HF for a warm-up was just the right game because now Evadale will play Thorndale and from what I have seen Thorndale is a mirror of Hamshire Fannett.

Really would have liked to seen all our schools advance but know its not possible but Evadale is big supporter of any area team to make it to the regionals. We just like the whole area basketball program. Just wish there was more publicity for the girls.

Guest bleed orange

Small schools don't mean much when it comes to girls basketball. The successful programs can compete with most larger schools not all. Look at lovelady those girls are tough. Small schools can play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami