Rison To Resign

Guest SWAC 11

This is the hidden content, please

Ozen football coach Ishan Rison told The Enterprise Thursday evening that he would be resigning from his job because of a family illness.

Rison, 38, said he came to his decision on Tuesday when he was driving back from a Houston hospital. He said he told Ozen principal James Broussard and Beaumont ISD athletic director Rodney Saveat of his decision.

Rison finished his second season at Ozen after he coached the team to a 7-12 record. Before that, he spent two seasons as a Central assistant.

You want Bowser, you can have him! Good riddance to him!

Bowser, help turn some of those soft WestEnders, into some pretty decent Olinemen to run Stumps version of Sissy Ball.  I can vouch for JB.  He's a good dude and a fine coach....

I've heard Arthur Louis' name being thrown around.  8)

That would be the obvious choice but the question is does he want to return. BISD administration needs to open up there eyes and realize that he is exactly what Ozen needs. A Disciplinarian who will get athletes back in the field house and out of the hallways and principal office... Since he left even when Brooks was there the school hasnt been the same.. Brooks was an excellent football coach but Louis was both a Discplinarian figure as well as a good coach...

Ozen has lost athletes to WB and Central however there is and always will be talent at the school. I mean look at the number of signees that they had this year alone with a record of 3-7. So having talent will NEVER be an issue for a Coach at Ozen. If Arthur would have had a Willie Jefferson he probably would have been an All- American.

Ozen has lost athletes to WB and Central however there is and always will be talent at the school. I mean look at the number of signees that they had this year alone with a record of 3-7. So having talent will NEVER be an issue for a Coach at Ozen. If Arthur would have had a Willie Jefferson he probably would have been an All- American.

Agreed, agreed, agreed!  8)

Guest DickVitale

Agreed, agreed, agreed!   8)

So let me get this right Soulja....If Ozen loses athletes to WB and Central who are FOOTBALL players, its ok, but if basketball players want to go to Ozen they are being recruited? Oh OK, I see....... ::)

So let me get this right Soulja....If Ozen loses athletes to WB and Central who are FOOTBALL players, its ok, but if basketball players want to go to Ozen they are being recruited? Oh OK, I see....... ::)

;) ;) ;) Well Dick V... Thats what people say but we all know the truth, kids want to be associated with winners. Ozen lost more football players in the past two seasons and the numbers show it b/c the football team hasnt had much success

Why are you transfering this argument to football? 

I have just had this argument last night with a friend who is a poster here.  I was saying that looking at all that talent.  I mean, you take willie.  He's every bit o 6'8" and is a very athletic speciment.  There is no reason that he couldn't have been one of the best posession receivers in the state. 

Guest DickVitale

I am talking about YOUR accusation that the former "ring leader" who is now PAISD AD, "recruited" players away from Brook and Central, BUT when players leave Ozen to play football, its perfectly fine, right? Ozen basketball NEVER RECRUITED anybody..EVER...Build it and they come...That simple. Last time I checked BISD had an OPEN ENROLLMENT policy in which parents could send their kid to the school that THEY see fit...How does that equate to recruitment? Come on, man... ::)

Why are you transfering this argument to football? 

I have just had this argument last night with a friend who is a poster here.  I was saying that looking at all that talent.  I mean, you take willie.  He's every bit o 6'8" and is a very athletic speciment.  There is no reason that he couldn't have been one of the best posession receivers in the state. 

To be honest, he was the best in the state for what he did, which was score in the Redzone. He was unstoppable inside the 20. He scored each of his TD's inside the 20. I think maybe 5 out of his 7 were jump balls in which they just threw the fade to him. But you are right he could have been a much better possesion reciever but he dropped to many when they needed him to make a play. Anthony Lee became more of go to threat than Willie at times. But they complimented each other very well.

I am talking about YOUR accusation that the former "ring leader" who is now PAISD AD, "recruited" players away from Brook and Central, BUT when players leave Ozen to play football, its perfectly fine, right? Ozen basketball NEVER RECRUITED anybody..EVER...Build it and they come...That simple. Last time I checked BISD had an OPEN ENROLLMENT policy in which parents could send their kid to the school that THEY see fit...How does that equate to recruitment? Come on, man... ::)

I know it's an open policy as well as you know.  I just find it strange that twin brothers would go to rival schools, even though all of their friends went to the feeder school....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont