WO-S James Haynes will head to Austin on the 28th.

WO-S 89

There is no question West Orange-Stark's James Haynes is an explosive athlete. He showed that explosiveness at camps last summer. He showed it throughout his junior season. Then he ran one of the fastest 40 times at the Army All-American combine.

James Haynes has been busy attending junior days.

At 6-foot-1 and 180 pounds, the only question seems to be where will he line up on the college level, but that's a question college coaches are willing to ponder.

He has played defensive back and receiver for West Orange-Stark and many programs are taking a wait and see stance when it comes to naming his position.

"It's just mainly as an athlete, but I've talked to Vance Bedford from Florida not too long ago and he was talking about looking at me as a cornerback."

Stanford and Texas Tech have already offered and his schedule has been full of Junior Days.

"I've visited LSU and A&M so far and I'm planning on going to Texas' next one," said Haynes.

While at Texas A&M and LSU, he was able to get a closer view of what both programs have to offer.

"It wasn't too much more than I expected them to have," said Haynes. "A&M was nice, I got a whole bunch of one-on-one interaction with the coaches. And LSU, they've got some really nice facilities and everything and I got to talk to the nutritionist. I didn't really get to talk to the coaches too much. That was the only downside to LSU but I got to see the facilities and everything. I got a tour of the place."

As for Texas, Haynes has been keeping in touch with coach Major Applewhite as the recruiting process moves forward.

"It's just me keeping in contact and letting them know I'm still interested," he said.

This weekend Haynes is headed to Houston for the Schuman Underclassman Combine at Westfield High School. Last spring he turned quite a few heads running a 4.51 40 and 10-8 broad jump at Schuman's Ultimate 100 combine in DeSoto, Texas.

Here’s a look at the updated Junior Day visit list scheduled for Saturday, February 28th. The list is fluid and will be updated throughout the next two weeks.

RB - Dontae Williams - Aldine

RB - Traylon Shead - Cayuga

RB - Princeton Collins - Round Rock Westwood*

WR - DeMarco Cobbs - Tulsa Central

WR - DeAndrew White - North Shore

WR - Chris Hawkins - Channelview

WR/H-back - Quentin Parks - Humble (TX) Atascocita

WR/H-back - DeAndre Perry - Austin Bowie

TE - Nate Askew - San Antonio Madison*

OL - Jake Matthews - Fort Bend Elkins

DT - Cedric Steward - Channelview

DE - Clarence Lee - Jefferson*

LB - Kris Catlin - San Antonio Madison

LB - Earl Hines - Port Arthur Memorial

CB - Tyler Stephenson - Lancaster*

S - Quentin Hayes - Lancaster*

Ath - Rashad Favors - Fort Worth Dunbar

Ath - Jeremy Johnson - Silsbee

Ath - James Haynes - WOS*

* denotes a tentative attendee

Just looking at his stat line from last year (from rivals.com)... How does an athlete of this caliber average 3 touches a game  ??? Or is that stat line incorrect??

Rushing                              Receiving

Statistics    Att    Yds    Avg  TD            No    Yds    Avg    TD

2008 (Jr.)    16    186  11.6  3              14    166    11.9    2

Just looking at his stat line from last year (from rivals.com)... How does an athlete of this caliber average 3 touches a game  ??? Or is that stat line incorrect??

Rushing                               Receiving

Statistics    Att    Yds    Avg   TD            No    Yds    Avg    TD

2008 (Jr.)    16     186   11.6   3              14    166    11.9    2

Two Words:  Garrett and Hypolyte

Rushing                               Receiving

Statistics    Att    Yds    Avg   TD            No    Yds    Avg    TD

2008 (Jr.)    16     186   11.6   3              14    166    11.9    2

Two Words:  Garrett and Hypolyte

I thought about that but... you gotta utilize your weapons. I guess that's what WOS fans complain about come playoff time. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123