next year 3 way scrimmage, Dayton, WOS, PNG

texans

I think the need for Spring workouts is big this year because of the amount of work ahead to change the systems, but it is always difficult to conduct Spring practices with so many kids playing baseball as well.

Does anyone have the rules for Spring practice versus Summer? What are the advantages of each? For instance can you get an extra week of total practice with Spring practice versus Summer?

By the way on topic, I love the idea of scrimmaging those two stellar defenses and coached programs. Last time we went to Dayton for a scrimmage a brawl occurred! But we went on to the state title game later that year so it all worked out for the best. That was AD for Dayton...After Dakari! ;D

I think the need for Spring workouts is big this year because of the amount of work ahead to change the systems, but it is always difficult to conduct Spring practices with so many kids playing baseball as well.

Does anyone have the rules for Spring practice versus Summer? What are the advantages of each? For instance can you get an extra week of total practice with Spring practice versus Summer?

This is the hidden content, please

UIL SPRING FOOTBALL RULES

• Only Class 4A and 5A teams are permitted to conduct spring practices.

• Teams may conduct 18 practices within a 30-day period. The UIL does not set beginning or ending dates.

• Teams that forgo spring practices can start fall workouts a week earlier.

• Spring practice is the only time football equipment can be issued during the off-season.

• Other than spring practice, teams are not permitted to practice in the off-season except during one normal school period, or a maximum of 60 minutes, per day.

Thanks.

Sort of a toss up. If you can get all your kids for Spring practice then it is a big plus for a new HC making big changes to have those extra practices, but if some of your main talent and skilled position area are playing Baseball??

With as much change as he's instituting though.... It might be beneficial to let those that can get ahead...

do the QB possibilities play baseball??? that would be a major factor IMO.

Thanks.

Sort of a toss up. If you can get all your kids for Spring practice then it is a big plus for a new HC making big changes to have those extra practices, but if some of your main talent and skilled position area are playing Baseball??

With as much change as he's instituting though.... It might be beneficial to let those that can get ahead...

Yes. I know Benoit does. Not sure about Kerr or Doty?

Thanks.

Thats an easy one, just cancel Baseball for one season, for the sake of the Football team.  ;D

Thanks.

Thats an easy one, just cancel Baseball for one season, for the sake of the Football team.  ;D

sounds simple enough..  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont