Barbers Hill vs Jasper..Who Wins And Why Comments

Who Wins  

1. 1. Who Wins

Moye was NOT that big of an asset for Jasper. They played much better without him.

I don't know about that. We went to the state finals with him and got bounced by BC without him. Granted we didn't play very well in the first couple of games last year before the storm, but at least managed to beat PNG. Still haven't figured out what happened to Scott last year against BC.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up all... I'm a rookie here so HEY! I've been watchin our BH eagles since the 1st practice and what happened at the WOS scrimmage I pretty much expected. I mean, we dont live in LALA land and given the new positions being filled at QB, WR, DB's and a brand new O-Line it isnt gonna be perfect. You cant expect to throw an engine together and expect it to purrrrrrr like a kitten. If WOS had lost to us or if it had been a very low scoring game, then I'd say they had more probs than us....but it ended like it probably should've for that time of year. I think we'll beat Jasper 20 - 7. Our Def. is getting really good really fast, and the Off. looked better as the game went Saturday.

Whats up all... I'm a rookie here so HEY! I've been watchin our BH eagles since the 1st practice and what happened at the WOS scrimmage I pretty much expected. I mean' date=' we dont live in LALA land and given the new positions being filled at QB, WR, DB's and a brand new O-Line it isnt gonna be perfect. You cant expect to throw an engine together and expect it to purrrrrrr like a kitten. If WOS had lost to us or if it had been a very low scoring game, then I'd say they had more probs than us....but it ended like it probably should've for that time of year. I think we'll beat Jasper 20 - 7. Our Def. is getting really good really fast, and the Off. looked better as the game went Saturday.[/quote']

Sounds accurate to me. The Defense did look really good. They seem to be playing with the intensity they had 2 years ago. It's always nice to see the defense create opportunities through forced turnovers.

I don't want to jinx us, but did we just play a game without a fumble............ :shock: :shock: :shock:

Haven't you lost enough bets w/ the WO-S faithful? :lol:

It's like they said in the movie Remember the Titans........"I want some mo, I want some mo, I want some mo".......... :D:D:D

Good movie by the way!

Want to bet on that one?

thanks, but no thanks. :wink: i actually feel as though that game could go either way. i haven't seen jasper, but i have seen barbers hill(even though it was a scrimmage) if the hill has improved as much as everyone is saying then it could be a victory for you guys. basically, i'm on the fence about this game.

thanks' date=' but no thanks. :wink: i actually feel as though that game could go either way. i haven't seen jasper, but i have seen barbers hill(even though it was a scrimmage) if the hill has improved as much as everyone is saying then it could be a victory for you guys. basically, i'm on the fence about this game.[/quote']

I am not so sure it's as much of an improvement as just playing people where they need to play. There were a lot of new faces in new positions during the scrimmages, which is understandible. Some fo us fans hated to see it beings it was against WOS.... :x

It's hard for me to image a troubled Jasper team, so I will remain optomistic about a 10 point victory for BH. BH still has some work to do to be a dominant Offense, but the Defense is MUCH better than what most have seen. If for no other reason the defense will hold them enough for a win.

Whoa' date=' Nelly. I wouldn't go that far. I give BH a shot at winning a close game, but three TDs? Ain't gonna happen. BH has a chance moreso because Jasper is down and BH has a little momentum, but BH can't be leaps and bounds better than they were in the first scrimmage. It's obvious you're implying that you can't accept the BH scrimmage loss to WO-S and that the new and improved BH could win against WO-S now. Then, you just had to throw in the "Wouldn't it be something" bit. Do you really want to go down this road again? No matter how much your team has improved, if BH played WO-S in a regular season game your team would get spanked. It's too bad that you prefer to live in an alternative reality.

Is Jody paying you on a consignment to say this?

BH 16

Jasper 14[/quote']

Nope that is not what I am implying at all.

I said in my earlier posts on the BH/WOS game that I did not think we could have beat them in a regular game this year.

If you don't remember I was the first back here to eat my crow.

I do think is the past few years we could have played with WOS and maybe even have pulled out an up set or two contrary to WOS posters belief.

Because you know WOS would have been the favorite.

I am not going to go on any further about our past teams, because that is what they are past teams.

I just think you think the the mighty WOS is invisable and that they are not.

Any one can get beat on any night.

I know you know that.

I try to use a little common since.

It is hard to do on here because it is so much fun to talk smack even when you lose you still gotta pull for your team.

I new WOS would strum us in the scrimmage and that they did.

Would they strum us now... probaly not.

Would they beat us probaly so.

Could we upset them... probaly so.

Would you believe we would win I think not.

You say BH can't be leaps and bounds better than they were against WOS.

What makes you say that.

It is amazing what can happen to a team when you replace 3 rookies with 3, 3 year starters.

Think back on our scrimmage.

How many passes did yall complete over players that had never been in a Varsity game.

Take them away and what kind of game would you have had against a team that has a QB that has never taken a snap from a center that has never snapped a ball in a varsity game.

There are a lot of hidden factors that you or your WOS buddies have not taken into consideration.

Our D line is a lot better and were not that bad against WOS.

The secondary has improved tremendously with the 3 seniors. Our offense can't help but get better with a QB and O line that is learning every week.

We will see you after the Jasper game and we win by 3 TD's.

I promise you if you are of sound mind BH will make you change you mind about the WOS/BH game by the end of the year.

You might not think we could win or you loyality to WOS might not let you admit we could win, but you will know we were better than we looked in the scrimmage.

Eagletown,

Yes, I remember you accepting the dish of crow, but your other post sounded like a change of heart. It doesn't matter now.

Contrary to what you want to believe, I don't think WO-S in "invisable" (invincible). We have been beat, we can be beat, and like any other team, eventually we will be beat. There's no denying that by me. It's possible BH would have beaten us two years ago, the year we lost to Huffman. Last year, Wimberley was no doubt a better team than we were. There were two years when LCM was even better than us. You see...my WO-S buddies and I know how and when to accept defeat. We're not sore losers, and we respect our opponents. We even had respect for BH going into that scrimmage. I have plenty of common "since", as well, because I believe the following...

Would we strum you now..."probaly" so.

Would we beat you..."probaly" absolutely.

Could you upset us..."probaly" borders on insane.

Would I believe you would win..."probaly" no way in Hades.

I'm sure BH is improved with the position changes you referred to, but I still say there's no way you'll beat Jasper by three TDs. If those changes were made in the scrimmage against us it wouldn't have changed the outcome...no "probaly" about it.

All things said, I still believe BH wins this one.

You're right! I didnt realize that. That was a very bad habit last year. Maybe that trend will continue. I dont know what our turnover ratio was last year but it wasnt good I dont think.

Welcome 34sdad to the WOS I mean SETX sports board :lol: I tell you something else about last week game! It may be the only Saturday game that BH has ever won!! For as long as I can remember anyway 8)

P.S. For anyone that is going to the game with me the Bus leaves my house at 4:30 P.M sharp!!!!!

Eagletown' date='

Yes, I remember you accepting the dish of crow, but your other post sounded like a change of heart. It doesn't matter now.

Contrary to what you want to believe, I don't think WO-S in "invisable" (invincable). We have been beat, we can be beat, and like any other team, eventually we will be beat. There's no denying that by me. It's possible BH would have beaten us two years ago, the year we lost to Huffman. Last year, Wimberley was no doubt a better team than we were. There were two years when LCM was even better than us. You see...my WO-S buddies and I know how and when to accept defeat. We're not sore losers, and we respect our opponents. We even had respect for BH going into that scrimmage. I have plenty of common "since", as well, because I believe the following...

Would we strum you now..."probaly" so.

Would we beat you..."probaly" absolutely.

Could you upset us..."probaly" borders on insane.

Would I believe you would win..."probaly" no way in Hades.

I'm sure BH is improved with the position changes you referred to, but I still say there's no way you'll beat Jasper by three TDs. If those changes were made in the scrimmage against us it wouldn't have changed the outcome...no "probaly" about it.

All things said, I still believe BH wins this one.[/quote']

Did LCM beat WO-S two years in a row?

BTW it is invincible...had to look it up myself tough word to spell.

All things said' date=' I still believe BH wins this one.[/quote']

BTW it is invincible...had to look it up myself tough word to spell.

I owe you a fishing trip for that one......that's funny stuff considering the history of our spelling bee champion from WOS.... :D

I have to revise my past prediction, BH by 18 TD's..... :D 2nd 1/2 BH by 21 TD's...... :D

Welcome 34sdad to the WOS I mean SETX sports board :lol: I tell you something else about last week game! It may be the only Saturday game that BH has ever won!! For as long as I can remember anyway 8)

P.S. For anyone that is going to the game with me the Bus leaves my house at 4:30 P.M sharp!!!!!

Getting off at 4:00!!! don't leave me behind, i'll get there as fast as i can!

Thanks, Huper. You are correct. At this rate, I'll make that kind of mistake once every 100+ posts. For others, their brilliance is on display every time they say something by constantly butchering the English language and making ridiculous predictions. They remind me of what Ron White said...you can't fix stupid.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder