Alverez Happy At Kirbyville

In my opinion they should not publish the names of a Coach when they apply for other jobs. Not done in the private sector and puts the Coaches in a awkward postion. Just my opinion.

i totally agree with that.  puts everybody in an akward situation, causes bad feelings with people in their current schools and towns.  there are always going to be rumors about who is applying for jobs, but lets let them be just that until someone is hired.

In my opinion they should not publish the names of a Coach when they apply for other jobs. Not done in the private sector and puts the Coaches in a awkward postion. Just my opinion.

i totally agree with that.  puts everybody in an akward situation, causes bad feelings with people in their current schools and towns.  there are always going to be rumors about who is applying for jobs, but lets let them be just that until someone is hired.

Geeeeez, where was everyone when PNG was getting slammed for not releasing there list?????

heard he was interviewing for the center job this week....

Center isn't a job that a very good coach wants to take.  They have a LONG way to go!  Just don't see that happening.  Could be wrong...

Perception, perception, perception.  Center is a diamond in the rough with the right leadership my friend.  Kirbyville was far worse off a few years ago before they hired Alvarez than Center is today.  But, you're right, it would be a challenge... but that is what a lot of coaches look for... the fun challenges.

and the 80K i heard they were offering will not hurt either. 

Is that what a 3a school can offer nowadays??  Wow!  What is going on up there in Center?

I will say one thing.  A good coach like Alvarez can go in and win just about anywhere there is any talent at all.  And clearly Center will have talent.  Yes, look what Alvarez did at KV.  Look at what Gordon Wood did at Brownwood.  Brownwood had NEVER won a district championship.  After he went there, winning state became routine.

heard he was interviewing for the center job this week....

Center isn't a job that a very good coach wants to take.  They have a LONG way to go!  Just don't see that happening.  Could be wrong...

Perception, perception, perception.  Center is a diamond in the rough with the right leadership my friend.  Kirbyville was far worse off a few years ago before they hired Alvarez than Center is today.  But, you're right, it would be a challenge... but that is what a lot of coaches look for... the fun challenges.

Jut stating the way I see it.  Not that it's the facts or not!  I don't doubt that they are better off than Kville was when Alvarez was hired!  I just don't see why someone would pull their name out of a 4A job for a 3A job.  He said it himself.  He's coached both 2A and 3A and he is happy where he is.  Who's knows?  Only those close to the situation know what is going on! ;)  Would hate to see him leave though....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami