Penn has no answers for GSP

Gabe

This is the hidden content, please

Penn has no answers for GSP

By Steve Cofield

Georges St. Pierre wasn't only the bigger man, he was the better man. GSP has corrected many of his slight flaws over the years and employed the perfect style to take advantage of what was probably a 15 pound weight difference. Penn, trying to step up from the lightweight division to challenge for St. Pierre's UFC welterweight title, was simply too small to compete with the French-Canadian.

GSP scored takedowns in the second, third and fourth rounds. He shifted betwenen side control and full guard pounding the Hawaiian with elbows and punches. It got worse as the fight went along. Penn simply could not improve position With 16 seconds left, St. Pierre turned to the referee Herb Dean and implored him to stop it. Penn made it to the end of the fourth where the fight was stopped before the start of the fifth.

Two judges turned in cards with a pair of 10-8 rounds. They had it 40-35, 40-34 and 40-34.

St. Pierre beat Penn back at UFC 58 in 2006 via split decision. He wanted it to be more decisive this time around:

"I've been training since September. I had a lot of pressure on me. This time I really want to take him out. I'm really glad I did it."

Once again it was obvious Penn did not train for this fight enough. Penn has all the talent in the world yet he does not put it to use. GSP on the other hand is a business man at this. He takes his matches so serious. It was not even a contest and should have been the best fight in a long time yet Penn ruined it with his laziness.

The ref could have easily stopped the fight in the 3rd round and all through the 4th! Penn is a waste of talent.

GSP needs to put on some pounds and go fight Anderson Silva. After watching how dominant he has been over his last few fights, I think he can hang with Silva. Silva is bored with his weightless and GSP needs to be tested.

Make it happen Dana White.

Guest baseball25

I had a descent prediction

Striking: Advantage goes to penn...Although he doesn’t possess the hand speed or reflexes of his Canadian counterpart, the Hawaiian does have the best “you can’t teach that†talent in the game. His boxing can be sloppy at times, but he has developed one of the fiercest jabs in the UFC.

Grappling: i'll give it to GSP...When it comes to world class jiu jitsu, there is nobody on the UFC roster more highly praised than BJ Penn.  Bj was on his back the last fight and couldn't do anything becasue he was so out of shape....GSP is a better ATHLETE so thats why i think his Grappling is better and he's a better wrestler.

Experience:  its Even can't go wrong with there resumes..

The prediction WILL BJ come in shape is the main concern...If penn comes in to fight 5 rounds then its going to be a heck of fight.....but GSP will be in shape to go all night long and his physical strength, take downs, and control of the fight will help GSP get the decison or 3rd round stoppage........I could be wrong here.......Its a pickem fight if penn comes in shape ......

The ref could have easily stopped the fight in the 3rd round and all through the 4th! Penn is a waste of talent.

GSP needs to put on some pounds and go fight Anderson Silva. After watching how dominant he has been over his last few fights, I think he can hang with Silva. Silva is bored with his weightless and GSP needs to be tested.

I agree!

I dont think gsp could hang with silva

He has been this way for over a year, against Hughes and Sierra..He is just dominating right now whether you like him or not.

no doubt he is dominating. i saw his first fight with serra live and then the video from the 2nd and thats 2 COMPLETELY different fighters. the guy is a freak and im gonna have to agree with everyone else and say that his only challenge is gonna be for him to move up and fight anderson silva. but then again silva hasnt looked at the top of his game in his last few fights.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami