Spurger@Evadale

The Rebels have taken care of business at home so far during district.

I understand that one or two players for Spurger are out due to injuries, so I would have to say that the Rebels chances are pretty good.

The player situation at Spurger is such that the JV boys game has been cancelled because the Pirates only had 5 players on the team and one of them got hurt. With the Spurger forfit the JV Rebels are now 21-1 on the season.

I believe that the Rebels will win tonight by 10! 

I also realized that if the Rebels do pull out a win tonight that they Spurger and the loser of the SP/HD game will all be 3-2 and tied for second one game back of the 4-1 SP/HD winner.

It is looking more like it will take all the games in the second half of distirct to sort out the district champ and the two other teams going to the playoffs.

What a year right!

The Rebels have taken care of business at home so far during district.

I understand that one or two players for Spurger are out due to injuries, so I would have to say that the Rebels chances are pretty good.

The player situation at Spurger is such that the JV boys game has been cancelled because the Pirates only had 5 players on the team and one of them got hurt. With the Spurger forfit the JV Rebels are now 21-1 on the season.

I believe that the Rebels will win tonight by 10! 

HUM!!!!! Rebel Yeller looks like u was wrong, 2 starters was out and will be out until ( MRI and further test ) are done?????????

And them pirates still took the "W". JV player Shain Rawls #00, which should have been playing varsity ball all season, but hasn't do to his choice, has finally stepped up, when his long time playing buddies were injured within 5 sec. in the High Island game.  He is doing a he-- of a job. All the Pirates have stepped it up since they lost their teammates do to injuries & the fans are very proud of them. Keep it up Spurger, u still have 5 more games to coomplete district play & u never know what could happen, so keep bringing ur A-game everytime you hit the floor.

Spurger has a very good team.  They play well together and have proven that they can play each week.  The obviously have more depth than everyone had predicted early on.  Every team needs a good 6, 7 & 8 man to come off the bench and make a positive impact on the court.  With the teo injuries, Spurger has shown that their bench can step up and play.  Good Jobs boys, keep up the good work. I guess your victory in Evadale proves that if you take care of business, then you can't blame the refs.  Everyone knows how the refs are usually homers in Evadale. lol.....

Spurger has a very good team.  They play well together and have proven that they can play each week.  The obviously have more depth than everyone had predicted early on.  Every team needs a good 6, 7 & 8 man to come off the bench and make a positive impact on the court.  With the teo injuries, Spurger has shown that their bench can step up and play.  Good Jobs boys, keep up the good work. I guess your victory in Evadale proves that if you take care of business, then you can't blame the refs.  Everyone knows how the refs are usually homers in Evadale. lol.....

These guys weren't HOMERS, I swear, one of those guys must have dated a girl from Evadale and had his heart broken years ago or something.

Anyway, the Pirates played well with two starters out!!  One of Evadales big men left early with a BROKEN NOSE, Homer missed that one too.  Their other guard that splits time 50/50 was out sick and didn't suit.  To be honest, that postion seems to be a struggle for Evadale.  IMO, Evadale stayed in the press too long, the Pirates were having layup practice.  Sometimes, you gotta pull back and regroup or play a tight half court.

All in all, the Pirates were quicker and got every long rebound and loose ball and it payed off.

Truth of the matter niether team had all their front line players available but thats why its a team game, you play with the cards that are dealt to you.

Spurger was a step quicker all night and losing the big guy for Evadale didnt help them on the boards. A good game to watch, it had its ups and downs.

Hope Evadales big man recovers from the broken nose.

Want to find homers...............go play at Homer Island....... sorry misspelled, I meant High Island :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey I'm a big boy and will take my lumps when they come.

I had hoped that the breaks would be in Evadale's favor, but last night they were not. I will give it to the six or seven players that Spurger put on the floor last night they di dwhat they had to do. I was still proud of the Rebels for battling to the end.

I too hope Tucker recovers quickly from the broken nose. I have never had one, but i have heard they are very painful.

So after the first half of the district the Rebels are 2-3 and in 4th place in the standings. It should be interesting the last half and of course it depends on who can get or stay healthy the remainder of the season.

I will still say the Rebels will win every game, because i believe that they can do it if they put all the things together that they need to each game. Well when I'm wrong I will take it and when I am right I will gloat. That why all of us are on this blog, RIGHT?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124