WO-S-26 Dayton-9 Final/ Post Game Comments

KFDM COOP

Dayton had a very good team -- hats off to them. I was impressed with Dayton's QB; Dugat was good' date=' but the QB was excellent. Dayton's defense was very strong, as expected, and they showed they have a lot of athletes on that side of the ball, as well.

There were two major turning points in the game. Once, after WOS failed to score for the second time inside Dayton's 20, they were able to hold Dayton to a punt. During the punt, Dayton had an intentional facemask followed by a late hit. Rather than having the ball near midfield, 30 penalty yards later, WOS is inside the red zone with some momentum, and they score to tie the game at 6. That was just a pair of mental breakdowns that cost Dayton. The other turning point was when WOS went up 12-9. The ensuing kickoff, Alexander (#40 for WOS) crushed the returner. After that hit, you could just see WOS had their ears pinned back and were hitting anything that moved, and hit them hard. Momentum completely swung to the WOS sideline after that hit, and the game just got away from Dayton at that point. All in all, it was a fairly clean game with few penalties and turnovers.

I think Dayton is a very good team with a lot of speed and talent. They'll make a strong bid for a playoff spot.[/quote']

The only thing I saw that was different was the comment on the penalties.

Dayton had quite a few of them.

Especially in the first half.

But reguardless WOS played a heck of a ball game and they are a soild ball team.

Congratualtions to them.

Great win for Wos and just proves that they have a very very good football team. Anytime you have a team like Wos and a fan like GS in the stands with that "HOOK" other teams are leary. :lol: Dayton will be fine and hope they win their district.

Guest GoStangs

The only thing I saw that was different was the comment on the penalties.

Dayton had two very costly ones on the punt at the end of the 2nd quarter, which accounted for 1/3 of all their penalties and 1/2 of all their penalty yards, but other than that, they had only 4 for 30 yards (an illegal procedure, illegal substitution, and two others that I can't remember off hand). WOS had a block in the back and a PI, but otherwise had a pretty good game avoiding the flag. For a first game, that's not too shabby by either team. That's all I was saying. :)

Guest GoStangs

Great win for Wos and just proves that they have a very very good football team. Anytime you have a team like Wos and a fan like GS in the stands with that "HOOK" other teams are leary. :lol: Dayton will be fine and hope they win their district.

Yeah, when it looked like the game was in question, I broke out my driver, which really changed the complexity of the contest. Instead of people standing and cheering, they were dodging, ducking, dipping, diving, and dodging. :lol:

Yeah' date=' when it looked like the game was in question, I broke out my driver, which really changed the complexity of the contest. Instead of people standing and cheering, they were dodging, ducking, dipping, diving, and dodging. :lol:[/quote']

By the way as you know I am thirteen miles to the west of Dayton. Just got back in the house after speaking to the neighbor. He mentioned about ten last night that there was a "thump sound off the water tower accross the street and sounded like a golf ball". :shock:

As the new guys' date=' surely it takes more than one loss to chase the Dayton posters off of the board. Where are you guys? I thought it was a pretty decent game last night.[/quote']

Dayton has nothing to hide about. They have a heck of a team and they will make the playoffs.

Hats off to WOS! I know what they mean by speed. Everybody on WOS is fast. Good game, costly mistakes and penalties. WOS definitely exposed weaknesses, kinks, and short comings in our game. We did well in the trenches. It was a good game right up until mid 3Q. We laid down!

I went to Dayton's practice this morning and they were workin on correcting those short comings. We have Nacogdoches and then Friendswood before we start district play. It ain't gonna get any easier, we just gotta get better, and I think we will!

One shoe??? :lol:

Man, maybe you should make him take one off every game! :D

Tell you boy good job. I know your proud!!! :wink:

i WISH i COULD HAVE SEEN THE GAME FRIDAY, (oops caps lock)

I was in Pueblo, CO. I was getting updates by cell phone though :wink:

All I kept hearing was how good Dayton was. We just won this one. Could be a toss up out of 10 games.

Yall should make a run for the District. Go get 'em!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont