PAN article on Coach Burnett

I find it ironic that Halliburton will be singing Matt's praises.  When Matt was the head coach, Halliburton had nothing POSITIVE to say about Matt or the Indians.  Of ALL the sportswriters in Southeast Texas, Halliburton has shown his "hatred" of PNG time and time again.  Even when PNG was winning district championships, state playoffs, and STATE championships, Halliburton was always "irked" to give PNG any positive recognition.  Though I support Nederland, everyone knows that the Bulldogs are Halliburtons team and he goes over and beyond to sing thier praises, which, in all reality is "sickening" to some of the Bulldog loyals.  This praise of Burnett by Halliburton has no substance because of the writer himself.  Yes, the Indians of PNG will have a new coach this year, will rebuild, and earn the respect we once had and enjoyed.  We don't need the likes of Tom Halliburton singing our praises because we know how how truthfully he really feels.  This article is a "wash"......."fake" substance from a writer who truly hates the Indians.  Matt Burnett is a GREAT guy and was a GREAT coach and will continue to support and be a PART of PNG.  I like Matt a whole lot and have the utmost respect for him.  I just think this article should have been written by someone else other than Halliburton.

I like it. Matt coached me and I think he is a great guy.

When I was at Lamar in the late 70s, I was in a few classes with Matt. He was a likable guy. I do remember he was one of the few football players who actually made class, studied and did his assignments.

You know a lot of the football players that were in your classes in those days wouldn't speak to us "regular" people outside of class. Matt would, even with his football buddies.

Matt is a very good defensive coach, all he needed was an OC and he would have had much more success. His stuborness to go with the Old Bread and Butter was his downfall. No inovation what so ever. PN-G has not been good at exposing weakness on opponents defense in the last eight years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124