IS OZEN REALLY GOOD??

Guest DickVitale

Remember when Coach K took a leave of absence from Duke, missing the 95-96 season to have back surgery? What happenend to the team? They finished 16-13 not in the NCAA tournament for the first and ONLY time in years!! Need I say more? When your leader, who happens to be one of the best in the business, steps away for whatever reason, there are going to be some bumps in the road....Ozen will do fine this season, but the difference will really show come playoff time...I am always pulling for them, but, it will be an uphill climb in the post season.

Guest aschrapps

Of course ozen is good. The previous post is right though they will struggle come playoffs. As I have said before all roads in 4a lead through yates and ozen just can't compete with a team like that. That is no knock either since most teams can't compete with a team like that when they bring their a game. Yates runs one of the most agressive presses I've ever seen just imagine hjs press on steroids

Remember when Coach K took a leave of absence from Duke, missing the 95-96 season to have back surgery? What happenend to the team? They finished 16-13 not in the NCAA tournament for the first and ONLY time in years!! Need I say more? When your leader, who happens to be one of the best in the business, steps away for whatever reason, there are going to be some bumps in the road....Ozen will do fine this season, but the difference will really show come playoff time...I am always pulling for them, but, it will be an uphill climb in the post season.

Whoa DickyV........just a few weeks ago you said that Saveat would do fine and that there would be no difference on the team!!!!!!  Which is it????  A difference or no difference??? ;D ;D ;D

Of course ozen is good. The previous post is right though they will struggle come playoffs. As I have said before all roads in 4a lead through yates and ozen just can't compete with a team like that. That is no knock either since most teams can't compete with a team like that when they bring their a game. Yates runs one of the most agressive presses I've ever seen just imagine hjs press on steroids

Sheez! I didn't know I had a twin ;D

Also you have to throw in Dallas Carter and Lake Travis! Plus I think I heard this somewhere but isn't Yates a lot like like North Shore in football? Have a really good team and then choke earlier in the playoffs then they should? Just asking. And Ozen will be fine. Coming into the year I didnt think they would be a state caliber team. Especially now with Boutte gone and especially with Johnson out. I think at best they are a regional semi-finalist team this year. 

You haven't watched Wheatly... Makes the Yates press look like half court basketball!

Also you have to throw in Dallas Carter and Lake Travis! Plus I think I heard this somewhere but isn't Yates a lot like like North Shore in football? Have a really good team and then choke earlier in the playoffs then they should? Just asking. And Ozen will be fine. Coming into the year I didnt think they would be a state caliber team. Especially now with Boutte gone and especially with Johnson out. I think at best they are a regional semi-finalist team this year. 

Yates will do their choking but it won't matter. Wheatley will be waiting if yates isn't there.

Guest DickVitale

Whoa DickyV........just a few weeks ago you said that Saveat would do fine and that there would be no difference on the team!!!!!!  Which is it????  A difference or no difference??? ;D ;D ;D

Read it again...I STILL said they would do fine, however that fine will probably equate to an early exit, come playoff time...THAT is when coaching makes a HUGE difference...Not that Marquis is not a good coach, but, playoff runs require proper planning and game prep on another level...I just don't think, especially with THIS team, that is likely to happen. 

Guest KirbyKat

" The new boss is the same as the old boss." Pete Townsend. Ozen is still the best until someone takes the district championship away from them. How good? Good enough to win 20-4A.

Yea I forgot about Wheatley. And what are we classifying as good here? Is good going to state? or is good making the Playoffs or what? Ozen is good by any means of the definition but they certainly aren't great. We just don't know yet how good they really are.

Wheatley will finish 2nd place in their district.  Jones will win that district.

Guest DickVitale

Yea I forgot about Wheatley. And what are we classifying as good here? Is good going to state? or is good making the Playoffs or what? Ozen is good by any means of the definition but they certainly aren't great. We just don't know yet how good they really are.

Wheatley will finish 2nd place in their district.  Jones will win that district.

Thats right...Wheatley is 3-2 in district play with losses to Jones and Washington...Jones is 5-0 and the 2nd best 4A in Houston behind Yates.

...earlier in the playoffs than they should...for Yates last yr was anything short of a State Championship. Watching Yates last yr multiple times, it was obvious they would miss the tall kid (Baylor signee) MUCH less than you'd expect when a "high" D1 graduates. He was a liability half the time.....OK, MILD exaggeration. 6'10" and he acted like a SG. Treated the paint like a vampire treats holy water. Yates this year has one GLARING weakness: they played NOBODY, and no tough tourneys pre-district. Ozen folk don't think this matters. I do. The candy schedule for Yates is their achilles heel........if they have one.

Guest aschrapps

Your explanation on Anthony Jones of yates from last year is dead on. he was a total liability on the offensive end he sat at the top of the key and shot threes he wasnt nearly physical enough. I knew there wouldnt be much of a let down from losing him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124