evadale vs high island/ evadale wins 69-66

Vakidis

Man the Rebels looked sloppy...I'm sure HI had something to do with that, but I would hate to know the turnover total for Evadale.  At one time, they turned it over 4 straight trips.

HI hit their first 6 attempts and you knew  it would be one of those nights.  The Rebs gutted it out when it counted and over came what seemed a back breaking turnover with a few seconds remaining.  A key rebound with only a few ticks left and a HI foul, followed by by two clutch free throws by the Rebs sealed it in the end.

Great game as far as intensity, but the Rebs will need to take care of the ball better if they intend to make a serious run at the crown.

Keep working Evadale, its been a few years since we could even be involved in these kinds of conversations!!!

Great Job Rebels!

What an effort, it was a start to finish contest that was not decided until the clock go to 0:00.

Micah Stringers two clutch free throws with less than 10 seconds to sealed the deal.

It is great to see the team on top of the standings even though it is early in the first half. But in this district every game is a test and after a couple at home its two on the road. I saw somewhere that home teams in the district are 5-1 so far this season and it is going to take some team taking a couple of wins at someone else's house to stay on top. The first opportunity comes Friday as you travel to SP.

This is two nights in a row that the Rebel gym was rocking as last Friday all four teams swept WH and last night all three did the same to HI.

The Lady Rebels (18-3) continue to dominate as do the JV Boys (17-1).

It was a very good game by both teams.  The seconds on that old clock don't count down like they are supposed to, but hey there were plenty of chances and missed opportunities last night for the Cardinals. 

The District Race has HEATED UP and it should be a real fight to the end.

Cardinals, shake it off and get ready for the pirates on Friday night.  You have given yourselves a chance to win two close games.  Make your adjustments this week play with the same intensity.

Go CARDINALS!!!

maybe it was just stuck at 1:14 because of a glitch, or maybe cause they were down..who knows. but, when you add in the 6th timeout evedale was given by quick thinking by the "official" book...oh what a night!

Through it all, missed opportunities and turnovers are something that the Cardinals need to correct if we are going to win the close ones.

Whoknows, you need to take a little more control in the second half and drive the ball to create more opportunities down low.  Take Charge of the cituation! I am sure Coach Neely would appreciate it.  Please correct me if I am wrong Coach.

Give em heck Friday night!

Go CARDINALS!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086