***Central vs. Ozen/OZEN WINS IN OT!!!***

A couple of things I would like to add.  I'm starting to believe that Johnson from Ozen is better than Franks.  Whoever that other post player is (believe his name is Boyd) is tough in making those midrange jumpers when we doubled Jefferson.  I also think Gulley held his own against a much taller Ozen front line with 27 points.

i don't want to say i told you so but i did predict ozen to win, just not in that fashion. that was some good basketball being played Friday. the gulley kid did more than his fair share to keep his team in it. i hope that the next game is as good as this one because i still will have one of the best seat at the game.

A couple of things I would like to add.  I'm starting to believe that Johnson from Ozen is better than Franks.  Whoever that other post player is (believe his name is Boyd) is tough in making those midrange jumpers when we doubled Jefferson.  I also think Gulley held his own against a much taller Ozen front line with 27 points.

Thats one of the negative aspects of being a good player. Everybody expects near greatness out you every game. Which probably has a lot to do with Franks.

But I would like to hear your reasons why you believe B.J. may be better than D.F.?

Franks appear out of control sometimes.  I'm not downplaying his talents, but it seems like Johnson played with poise, control.  Very patient.  Take you off the dribble either way.  No flashy crossovers.  Sweet pull up jumper if they sag back.  Finish over taller defenders.  Dishes to open teammates.  This kid showed me a lot. 

It also appeared that Franks was getting upset and seem to be on the verge of throwing a tantrum when we had a player shadowing him all night. 

Maybe I'm over-reacting here.  Maybe it was Ozen's plan as a team to exploit Central's weakness instead of showcasing their best player...Never know...

It also appeared that Franks was getting upset and seem to be on the verge of throwing a tantrum when we had a player shadowing him all night. 

Maybe I'm over-reacting here.  Maybe it was Ozen's plan as a team to exploit Central's weakness instead of showcasing their best player...Never know...

I guess thats what happens when you and others read the press. The kid surely has a target on his back now. Maybe some teams are focused on him and he needs to elevate his game mentally. He definitely has the skills, but I think he may have to practice just as hard on his mental skills for an all around game.

How didi the freshman for Central play, Kristan (sp?)?

He didn't start, but came in a few minutes after tipoff and played often. He appeared to be out of control in the first half. He forced some offbalance shots and made a few bad passes. In the fourth and in OT, he made some key 3 pointers. He did miss the free throws in OT that would have put Central up by 3 points with 24 seconds left which is something strange because his is a great free throw shooter. You can tell this is his first game of this magnitude. I expect him to play more under control when Ozen comes to our house. Sky is the limit for him. You just have to see him.

He didn't start, but came in a few minutes after tipoff and played often.  He appeared to be out of control in the first half.  He forced some offbalance shots and made a few bad passes.  In the fourth and in OT, he made some key 3 pointers.  He did miss the free throws in OT that would have put Central up by 3 points with 24 seconds left which is something strange because his is a great free throw shooter.  You can tell this is his first game of this magnitude.  I expect him to play more under control when Ozen comes to our house.  Sky is the limit for him.  You just have to see him.

Thanks Souja1, I'm going to make it a point to see Central play this year.

He didn't start, but came in a few minutes after tipoff and played often.  He appeared to be out of control in the first half.  He forced some offbalance shots and made a few bad passes.  In the fourth and in OT, he made some key 3 pointers.  He did miss the free throws in OT that would have put Central up by 3 points with 24 seconds left which is something strange because his is a great free throw shooter.  You can tell this is his first game of this magnitude.  I expect him to play more under control when Ozen comes to our house.  Sky is the limit for him.  You just have to see him.

You are exactly right about the sky being the limit for him. I'm sure he will have his nerves together at home.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder