Southeast Lousiana's Green

Lazeek

Not sure why that would be the case, though I read something similar on another board and it was not the Lion's Den, which has no discussion of the subject. They have some very in the know posters, so that's why I would not lend it credibility just yet.

It's usually where you miss the first semester because of transfer requirements, eligibility issues, etc. The only reason a player would not be eligible any longer that I can think of is that they are not eligible via grades, which comes about once the grades from a semester are certified then the player becomes ineligible.

I heard that he is not academically ineligible..............I heard that his 5 years to play 4 run out at the end of the fall semester.  Not sure.  Really from a very, very good source that is very close to the LU coaching staff.  We will see next weekend I guess.

Go to work TT and see what you can find out!!!!  Thanks!!!

I heard that he is not academically ineligible..............I heard that his 5 years to play 4 run out at the end of the fall semester.  Not sure.  Really from a very, very good source that is very close to the LU coaching staff.  We will see next weekend I guess.

I've heard that as well. His name is Kevyn Green.

You are right though, we will find out Jan. 10th! Should be a good one I think.

I've heard that as well. His name is Kevyn Green.

You are right though, we will find out Jan. 10th! Should be a good one I think.

Kevyn Green's eligibility expires once the new semester begins, which means his last game will be at Lamar on January 10...he misses being eligible for the NW State game by one day.

The situation is this...he graduated high school in 2003...signed with Nevada but sat out the following fall semester and did not enroll until the spring (redshirted)...dropped out of school the following year while taking care of his mother who has a debilitating arthritic condition...then transferred to Lamar JC in Colorado, and played one season...signed with us spring of '06 and played here the last two seaons.

After last season was over, our coaches were looking at his situation and realized his five-year athletic clock didn't expire until the end of this semester, which meant he for sure had one semester of basketball left...due to his situation with his mother, we appealed to the NCAA to see if they would grant him an extra semester due extenuating circumstances...he's a very good student and has already graduated and we felt like we had a very good appeal...we won a similar appeal with Nate Lofton back in '05-06, the year we went to the NCAA tournament...this time the NCAA said no.

By the way, he's the nephew of former LA Laker, A.C. Green, and there's a good chance you will see him in Beaumont for Kevyn's last game...he comes to Hammond several times a year and is very involved in Kevyn's life...if he can make it, I'm sure he'll be there.

Why would a coach want to start a season with a player that he leans on so heavily that will not be there when it counts (conference time)?

As far as Green goes, if he is A.C.'s nephew and A.C. is his role model and positive influence then he will do well in life. Think he will get a shot in the NBA? 6'5" guy that shoots 40% from beyond the arc??

Why would a coach want to start a season with a player that he leans on so heavily that will not be there when it counts (conference time)?

As far as Green goes, if he is A.C.'s nephew and A.C. is his role model and positive influence then he will do well in life. Think he will get a shot in the NBA? 6'5" guy that shoots 40% from beyond the arc??

Well, the reason he came back was because we thought he had a good appeal and would be granted the extra semester...he wasn't officially denied until the season almost started...plus, our starting and backup point guards are both true freshmen...having Kevyn's leadership in practice, and on the floor, was very much worth it; plus he could help us during a tough non-conference stretch - not to mention we have him for the Lamar game...we'll obviously take a hit of some sort when he's gone, but we have a committee of guys who are very capable of picking up some, or maybe even all of the slack...we'll have to spread the scoring around more and ask more from our inside guys, but we'll still be a pretty tough out in conference play...we've played well in games during stretches where he's been on the bench or wasn't playing well, but we won't know for sure until we play a few games without him.

As for KG's chances in the NBA...I think he can make a club, but may need to go to Europe first, or the D-League...he's a bright kid, a good athlete, and a great shooter...he's got range well beyond the NBA 3-line and can drive the paint...he reminds me a little bit of a taller version of David Wesley...hopefully he'll get an opportunity to play somewhere for a while...he deserves it.

Here are some highlights of our game with Minnesota last week...there are some decent highlights of Kevyn:

First half

This is the hidden content, please

Second half

This is the hidden content, please

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23