*Post Spurger Tourney Scores Here/Spurger Wins Tourney!*

KFDM COOP

ok well here is something i dont get these varsity teams are only beating jaspers jv by 9 or 10 points. and i watched the season opener for jasper jv and they only beat big sandys jv by 9 and big sandys jv is not as good as they been in the past. big sandy jv only has three returning players with one starter. so either the teams in this tournament were a joke or jaspers jv has gotten alot better.

ok well here is something i dont get these varsity teams are only beating jaspers jv by 9 or 10 points. and i watched the season opener for jasper jv and they only beat big sandys jv by 9 and big sandys jv is not as good as they been in the past. big sandy jv only has three returning players with one starter. so either the teams in this tournament were a joke or jaspers jv has gotten alot better.

Spurger beat jasper by 18 and played the bench alot. Starters got pulled about 5 min to go in the forth and spurger was up by 26.

i know spurger is a good team but im talking about the other teams. and why spurger hosted such a weak tournament.

teams for the tourney were set by last years coach, minus brookeland they dropped out about 4weeks before the tourney.  I don't beleive tournament play for Spurger will be the same next year as it was this year.

There were some very good teams in this tourney last year.Logansport,Brookeland,Warren and Spurger played in the trophy games last year and both were good games.I would have liked to see Logansport again,they had a good club with lots of depth,not sure what size school they were but they suited about 15 players that could all go.

I agree with Courtside, the tourney should be better next year.

One thing not stated in this string is that there is not a penalty for a team that signs up or commits to a tourney and then backs out. When this happens, the host school (and all others teams/schools apart of the tourney for that matter) really is put into a bind and must try to get a commitment from another team.

I am not in favor for new rules (or laws), but in this case the UIL should do something.

It was amazing that this tourney was pulled off with all the changes that the coach had to deal with. I know that the coach (and Spurger for that matter) would rather had a normal tourney structure. Again, the focus that is placed upon Spurger and the coach is misplaced and really should be on those teams/schools that committed than backed out.

Thus, my question is, who were the teams that committed then backed out? Lets call them out on the floor instead of being critical of Spurger for only trying to pick up the pieces that these teams/schools caused. I think that the area should know that a particular team/coach may not be good to their word and to procede with caution as that team/coach may back out at their tourney.

Is a round robin type of tourney that bad anyway? The idea here is to get quality playing time against teams not normally played. For all I have heard, all were pleased with the event.

I heard that broaddus dropped out along with burkeville and warren did not want back in the tourney. Next year Big Sandy should be in the tourney from what I have heard.

I still like a round robin tourney because everyone plays everyone and there is no home court bracket advantages. But that is just me. Even with a round robin the championship game can be predictable and set for the last game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont