2A DII State Championship (Dangerfield/Cisco-Dangerfield Wins)

Lefty99

Dangerfield probably the best 2A team in all of the state, regardless of division.

They couldn't have beaten Muleshoe!  Their offense was unstoppable!

It's all about matchups. Just because Kirbyville couldn't stop them, doesn't mean Dangerfield could not.

I understand all about matchups.  With that being said, if Kirbyville held onto the ball that game would've been close, and could've gone either way.  The game against Muleshoe was tight midway through the 3rd qtr(21-20) all the while Kirbyville had 2 TO's that resulted in 14 pts for the Mules.  I mean Kirbyville beat Newton 42-27 and Newton came all around beating Dangerfield.  So, I can tell you that without a doubt Dangerfield wasn't the best team in 2A this year.  One of the best, but not the best.  Yes they won the DII title but I would like have sen them play Kirbyville.

Dangerfield probably the best 2A team in all of the state, regardless of division.

It's all about matchups. Just because Kirbyville couldn't stop them, doesn't mean Dangerfield could not.

I understand all about matchups.  With that being said, if Kirbyville held onto the ball that game would've been close, and could've gone either way.  The game against Muleshoe was tight midway through the 3rd qtr(21-20) all the while Kirbyville had 2 TO's that resulted in 14 pts for the Mules.  I mean Kirbyville beat Newton 42-27 and Newton came all around beating Dangerfield.  So, I can tell you that without a doubt Dangerfield wasn't the best team in 2A this year.  One of the best, but not the best.  Yes they won the DII title but I would like have sen them play Kirbyville.

Without a doubt, you say? There will always be doubts when the teams never play each other. It is just your opinion and mine. If you'll read my post, I said they were probably the best, not definite.

You can compare all the scores that you want, it's still about the matchups.

You can say the same thing about the Newton Kirbyville game.  That was a 1 score game in the 4th quarter despite Newton committing far more turnovers.  Kirbyville capitalized late when Newton had to play risky ball running out of time.

Now I am not taking anything away from Kirbyville, they beat Newton fair and square.  Just saying you qualify the Kirbyville-Muleshoe score and then just give a final for the Newton-Kirbyville score.  You can't have it both ways.

I can tell you Daingerfield had a MUCH better defense than Kirbyville did, though Kirbyville had the better O in my opinion.

All that being said, there still is no transitive property in football.  So you never know.

The Newton Daingerfield game could have easily been a 21 point win for Daingerfield or a 21 point win for Newton had a couple key plays went differently either way.  Were the score different 21 points it wouldnt change anything.  It just serves to show how futile trying to compare scores is.

For example Daingerfield also beat 3A finalist Celina in the bobcats house.  Does that mean Daingerfield would have played in the final had they went into the 3A bracket?  Nope.  Sure they might have..and they might not.  What it means is Daingerfield beat Celina.  Nothing more nothing less.

Muleshoe beat Kirbyville.  Kirbyville beat Newton and so did Daingerfield.  That tells us absolutely nothing about what would happen should Newton or Daingerfield played Muleshoe or if Kirbyville played Daingerfield.  Different nights, different teams, different matchups, different balls bouncing different ways.

Heck, the best 2A team in the state might not even have played for a title.  One thing I have learned over the years is the best team does not always win.

Look at the bright side though...that is what gives us all something to talk about.

Last night I was thinking about that, and Trinity(5A) cam to mind.  Yeah, usually some of the best teams make it all the way but there are times when a team is playing great ball and may be overachieving a little but if they win the title then they deserve all the credit in the world.  Dangerfield is a good team as is Muleshoe, Kirbyville, RC, Arp, and a few others.  Yes, it's all about matchups and trust me I UNDERSTAND matchups, and it is all a matter of opinion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont