*4A All State Team*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you all are not reading it is based on season stats not the playoffs and if you are on a good team like Kirbyville for instance and you have 4 running backs you season stats are not going to be as good because you split time.  It does not matter how far you went in the playoffs it is based on season stats 10 games.

I guess I should have added a few names of people I played with (Brady James-LSU, Dallas Cowboys; Rod Reed-Atlanta Falcons; and a few others who played for LSU)  and I could not start to name some of the players we played against, way to many to name that went on to play big time college football and a few of them in the Pros

played with or that you gave water to?

:D :D :D ;D

Just a note about the process guys ... coaches have nothing to do with these teams.

Sportswriters nominate players, a chairman puts together a ballot and sportswriters vote.

If you don't have local guys on the team it's because the local sportswriters didn't vote or didn't nominate.

And only newspapers that are members of the Associated Press Sports Editors organization can vote.

As far as I know, The Enterprise, PA News, Examiner and Orange Leader are the only local dailies who are members.

In addition, kids from bigger metropolitan areas are going to get more votes simply because they are covered by a greater number of newspapers.

When I worked for The Enterprise, we had a name for sportswriters who were "fans" of the teams they covered. ... We called them "homers."

A sportswriter's job is to cover an event fairly in impartially.

Apparently The Enterprise's approach to community journalism these days is to not cover events at all.

It's MUCH easier to flow in a 40-inch story from the wire rather than going out and interviewing and writing about local teams.

And the irony, my friends, is that The Enterprise is planning a huge increase in its subscription prices.

Just a note about the process guys ... coaches have nothing to do with these teams.

Sportswriters nominate players, a chairman puts together a ballot and sportswriters vote.

If you don't have local guys on the team it's because the local sportswriters didn't vote or didn't nominate.

And only newspapers that are members of the Associated Press Sports Editors organization can vote.

As far as I know, The Enterprise, PA News, Examiner and Orange Leader are the only local dailies who are members.

In addition, kids from bigger metropolitan areas are going to get more votes simply because they are covered by a greater number of newspapers.

When I worked for The Enterprise, we had a name for sportswriters who were "fans" of the teams they covered. ... We called them "homers."

A sportswriter's job is to cover an event fairly in impartially.

Apparently The Enterprise's approach to community journalism these days is to not cover events at all.

It's MUCH easier to flow in a 40-inch story from the wire rather than going out and interviewing and writing about local teams.

And the irony, my friends, is that The Enterprise is planning a huge increase in its subscription prices.

And who do they rely on for stats of players....the coaches! 

Guest rykerx144

that would explain why Muleshoe had like 6 players just on first team....cause I know they must have a huge media base there in west texas somewhere between amarillo and nowhere!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami