Have you ever wondered why the seasons are what they are?

I'm not talking about the 4 seasons of the year except that you really have to wonder.

Autumn/Fall - Still muggy and hot as he ll around here and most everywhere. Yet, for the boys we put them in knickers and a shirt, the pants being filled up with Foam rubber cushion and the shit with rubber and plastic shoulder guards, then put a foam filled helmet on the and make them run around for 3 hours on average every day. I mean you know those uniforms are probably 120 degrees inside. The girls we treat all right I guess, I mean put them in shorts and tanks tops and make them slide and dive all over the gym floor trying to dig out volleyballs.

Winter comes - It starts getting cold, sometimes real cold and what do we ask the boys and girls to do? Put on their shorts and tank tops and play B-Ball in the gym, that's okay, but we also ask another group of boys AND girls to don shorts and short sleeve shirts and go out and run around on the football field kicking that funny looking volleyball (lol) around. Man they gotta be freezing their tails off.

Finally Spring and the start of Summer comes - It starts to warm up, even kind of nice. The boys put on knickers again, this time without pads and some prefer the long sleeve shirt and they go out on the field to play the national past time, the girls do the same thing with the larger softball, plus we have track and field where the athletes also are wearing shorts.

What I never understood is why schools don't play Soccer and basketball in the first part of the year when it's warm and then when the weather gets cold play football and volleyball. In fact maybe the season could be set so that the playoffs would start after all the bowl games.

Just my humble opinion.

And you're playing soccer!!

ROT is getting all philosophical on us here...offer still open...this week it's Alamodome however.  I haven't had this much fun on this board since it was possible Dayton V Lumberton would happen in the first round!!  Still thought y'all would make round 4....Crosby...what the heck???!!! 

And you're playing soccer!!

ROT is getting all philosophical on us here...offer still open...this week it's Alamodome however.  I haven't had this much fun on this board since it was possible Dayton V Lumberton would happen in the first round!!  Still thought y'all would make round 4....Crosby...what the heck???!!! 

Still can't make it, not that far off. As far as Crosby, every good team gets caught with it's pants down once in awhile you know............ ;)

Watch out for next year, L-Town won't be so willing to share the district title again.first it was three then two.........next it's one! Broncs just need to take care of business this week and then next year work around the loss of TWO great players, hope ya'll got some good ones coming up 'cause L-town sure does. 4 running backs in the same grade hit High School next year and all four are said to be capable of starting on any team in the area. BTW when's the meet and greet, any decisions?

Haven't heard about the meet and greet.  Not sure how the boys will be next year.  JV QB is a freshman so I'm guessing he's the heir apparent but not sure.  There's always good players here...sometimes I have no idea where they come from.  Don't know if we'll have another team like this in the near future...why do you think we wanted to beat the pants off of L-Town THIS YEAR!!  My guess is we'll still be good but this good...can't say that with confidence.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin