Poll about new PNG coach

How many years do you think he will get?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How many years do you think he will get?

• 1 year
    • 2-5 years
    • 5-10 years
    • 10+ years

I bring this question up because me and some co-workers (PNG Homers) dis-agree about the new coach and meeting expectations.  I can see a scenario play-out where the new head coach wont even really get a "fair" chance to succeed.  I believe most PNG supporters have such high expectations that if the new coach does not win immediately, that most will regret the new hire and call for him to be fired.  Especially, since it appears it will be somebody out of this area that most will not know to begin with.  Thoughts?

I bring this question up because me and some co-workers (PNG Homers) dis-agree about the new coach and meeting expectations.  I can see a scenario play-out where the new head coach wont even really get a "fair" chance to succeed.  I believe most PNG supporters have such high expectations that if the new coach does not win immediately, that most will regret the new hire and call for him to be fired.  Especially, since it appears it will be somebody out of this area that most will not know to begin with.  Thoughts?

well considering PNG had one of the longest tenured coaches in the area I would expect the same for the new coach. No reason to think he will not be given every chance to succeed.

I think it all boils down to what actually happens.  If he goes 0-30 in the first three years, well something will probably get done.  He'll be looked hard at after 0-20.  But that is the extreme.  If this coach shows improvement every year then I don't see why he would not be treated any different than Burnett and stay around awhile. 

I'm not voting because who knows what will happen...we don't know who it is yet or how they will really be chosen......But IMO......

If you want them to build from the ground up...[yes we all want a winner now and that is understandable.  He should still be held acountable for the success of the next three classes coming up.]........... the real judgment should start in his fourth year.  This would be the first full year ALL players would have been under his system and his system only.  HE is going to have to balance his time between the success of the NOW with the instillation of what he want the younger kids to come in knowing before they get to him........the fruits of that vine would not be seen until his fourth year (next years freshmen class). 

Here is what you have and again my opinion (as a PNG grad)........You have the PN-G greed that will want to win now vs the PN-G faithfull who will be understanding that change is going to take some time...........

Like I said he must balance the now for those kids he will have for the next three years........ They should not be neglected the opportunity for success for the sake of later success.....balance of both is going to the most important......especially if we are looking for longevity in a Coach!!

Scalp'em!!!

ps:  I think WB is a case were this was done the best!! ( the balance of now and future)

As a PNG Grad. I feel the "DIE HARDS" of PNG will not allow 2 losing seasons. Then it will be NEXT.

How many will the new guy get to bring with him??? When we came to WB not 1 coach was left on the Varsity staff!!!! Craig brought 2 in the spring and 6 in before next school year. That helped!!!

Thanks. I feel we did a pretty good job at WB.

I cant help but think the next coach is going to be on a year-by-year leash and be expected to win immediately.  I have heard many supporters say that MB out stayed his welcome a few years ago, but that was not what I saw up until this last year.  I heard rumblings at the beginning of the season last year, but when the wins started adding up, all that quited down and he was the best coach again.  This year, the team never recovered, and he had to go.  Why would expectations of a new coach change in the eyes of PNG supporters? 

I cant help but think the next coach is going to be on a year-by-year leash and be expected to win immediately.  I have heard many supporters say that MB out stayed his welcome a few years ago, but that was not what I saw up until this last year.  I heard rumblings at the beginning of the season last year, but when the wins started adding up, all that quited down and he was the best coach again.  This year, the team never recovered, and he had to go.  Why would expectations of a new coach change in the eyes of PNG supporters? 

MB was on the ropes in 2001,and 2002, then had good seasons in 2003 and 2004. Some forgot about 2000 - 2003 but most knew he had a load of talent that saved him. History repeated itself in 2007. Again some jump back and forth on the bandwagon but the majority knew better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124