How much is too much?

Bobcat1

I was at this game and I'm neutral...I actually witnessed HJ pull the ball out on several occasions in the second half when they would have had sure layups. I didn't see a thing wrong with the way this game was played or coached. Several kids saw the court from HJ...I haven't seen this group play much so I don't know who starts and who doesn't...but I'm pretty sure the girls that played the second half were not starters. The HJ fans even looked to me to be rooting for the Cats to score late in the game!!!

Yes you were in a half court man, but were still traping the corner when you could have backed into a 2-3 in the paint. That is your game. I am not really complaining.  I know you could have put up 100 and I comend you for not doing that.

The fact is kirbyville is just not as good. All of the JV are freshman, we don't have a freshman team.  When you play 2A that is what you have to deal with. We don't have a little dribblers program that is worth a flip either.   

First off let me say that I do not favor this at all, but if we are so concerned about blow outs then we need to look at a couple of other sports baseball and six-man football. If we are this concerned then put in a mercy rule!

10 run lead after five innings or up by 50 points by half time are their standards.

It would not be out of line to say that if a football team was up by 35 at half or if the other team had not scored and the team that was ahead had 28 or more. What about in basketball? A team up by 30 at the half or after the 3rd quarter.

Well since this is not going to ever happen I am with those who say use this as a motivation to get better. Everyone of our teams begin the season believing that they will be the district champion and make it into the playoffs. You can't ask a team to not do what they believe will in fact get them to their goal. It is not an excuse it is a fact.

If the game begins to get out of hand score wise then go to a running clock. If your team has trouble scoring stall to slow the game down. We make a big deal out of a game in a season in a school career that will be a fleeting memory in just a couple of years. I don't like getting "blown out", but it has happened to me and I don't believe that it scared me for life. I do understand that when our kids get into the real world that it will be petal to the metal and no one has to have mercy on them as they compete for jobs or for business once they get those jobs. Life has some difficult lessons and if loosing a game by 30 or 40 or 50 or more is the worst thing that happens to them then they will be doing alright.

It is a game some win, some lose, both can be by a little or a lot. The records show a W or an L not the score that got them there.

First off let me say that I do not favor this at all, but if we are so concerned about blow outs then we need to look at a couple of other sports baseball and six-man football. If we are this concerned then put in a mercy rule!

10 run lead after five innings or up by 50 points by half time are their standards.

It would not be out of line to say that if a football team was up by 35 at half or if the other team had not scored and the team that was ahead had 28 or more. What about in basketball? A team up by 30 at the half or after the 3rd quarter.

Well since this is not going to ever happen I am with those who say use this as a motivation to get better. Everyone of our teams begin the season believing that they will be the district champion and make it into the playoffs. You can't ask a team to not do what they believe will in fact get them to their goal. It is not an excuse it is a fact.

If the game begins to get out of hand score wise then go to a running clock. If your team has trouble scoring stall to slow the game down. We make a big deal out of a game in a season in a school career that will be a fleeting memory in just a couple of years. I don't like getting "blown out", but it has happened to me and I don't believe that it scared me for life. I do understand that when our kids get into the real world that it will be petal to the metal and no one has to have mercy on them as they compete for jobs or for business once they get those jobs. Life has some difficult lessons and if loosing a game by 30 or 40 or 50 or more is the worst thing that happens to them then they will be doing alright.

It is a game some win, some lose, both can be by a little or a lot. The records show a W or an L not the score that got them there.

Very well said..... :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder