**Dayton vs. Kerrville Tivy Semi Final Updates/DAYTON WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

KFDM COOP

Is the wind at their back and do they have a good kicker

Actually Cody i a so so kicker, they go for 2 just as often as they kick the extra point, this was the 1st field goal attempt in 2+ years that i can remember. I think the first extra point was missed by dayton in this game and they made the 2 pint conversion on the second touchdown

I had the 2 pint conversion on the way home!  :)  Awesome game.  One of the best I have ever seen.  AJ is unbelievable.  U of H is going to love him!

Mack Brown wants him....BAD.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mack Brown would love to get ol' AcTioN DugaT but he has no chance.. UofH got it sewed up already!

U of H might have it sewed up, but I think AJ should still head to Austin. A lot more talent goes through Austin. And the opportunity of playing with Lake Travis QB Garrett Gilbert! That would be a deadly combination! Not including the fact that McCoy will be there next year with AJ probably playing as a true freshmen!

OMGOSH! I think I aged 10 years in 3 hours! WHAT A GAME! CONGRATS TO THE BRONCOS and I pray that you enjoyed the ENTRANCE TO DAYTON that you received when you came home! We waited and waited, poor things, a blowout and then a TRAIN OF COURSE, ONLY IN DAYTON! Yall were SO APPRECIATED and yet you were SO APPRECIATIVE by hanging out the windows of the bus to us greeters! BLESS YOUR HEART! WE APPRECIATE YOU! I was SO UPSET seeing yall on the Big Dayton Yellow Buses and then to find out that YALL PREFER THEM OVER THE CHARTER BUSES?! This town will do WHATEVER YOU WANT! But when I thought about it, the yellow buses have "Dayton ISD" on them! WHAT A TEAM YOU ARE!! I would like to of course THANK THE BRONCOS AND STAFF FOR AN AWESOME GAME but I would also like to THANK the other districts pulling for us and teams! Also, Tivy Kerrville, yall had a GREAT team and my heart broke for the players that just fell down on the field after Cody's FG was signed good. Hold your heads high, you have a great team!

Cody, you owe me, I was praying so hard for your field goal attempt! Talked to your mom and sang a song to her about you....haha......you are aging me!

GO BRONCOS! ;D

Well 1 thing is pretty evident about playing indoors you probably will never see a -10 yard punt .For Dayton to overcome that says alot about the heart of the Broncos,WHO NEVER QUITS PRESSING ON .This was a very physical game from the start to the end.Would like to see Cameron get a few more carries.Man does that young man run fast.

WE WOULD ALL LIKE TO SEE CAMERON L. #6 GET A LOT MORE CARRIES. This guy is awesome. Using him more would help keep everyone from keying on Cody out of the backfield. AJ, you know I bleed Orange & White, please keep in mind that Austin would love 'THE BEAST" lol.

Excellent game all around. PLAYERS, COACHES and the FANS. I'm thinking about leaving Thursday; just so I can be the first one in line.....lol

Win or Lose, you guys are remarkable and we appreciate the ride. 

Haha, I've seen all the posts from Tivy fans crying in their cereal.  Amazing, they're actually blaming THE REFS for stealing the game and handing it to Dayton.  They should go to toups graphics and check it out...was actually AJ that stole the game.  I guess we all make the same excuses wherever we are...right?  The refs lost them nothing...coach decided to run the two minute drill INTO A 40 MPH WIND with a field goal kicker who was suspect at best...probably not the right decision.  QB was having problems throwing into the wind all day and almost threw a pick 6 on the first play of the drive.  Have to admire the aggressiveness but there's a point where you have to say let's just get down on this ball and take it to overtime.  If he's got the wind I understand but I doubt the kicker makes anything longer than a 30 yarder into that wind. 

Also saw their Dayton is a bunch of thugs posts, trying to start fights etc, etc...heck they even threw the race card in there as well.  Some of their fans are now showing their true colors.  All smack talk aside, which is what makes this board fun, there's a line that shouldn't be crossed.  Bringing up a person's heritage and referring to them as "thug" is way over the line.  I saw the greatest HS game I've seen in person on Saturday...both teams played hard and to the very end.  Please fellow Bronco fans, don't be suckered in and stoop to that level...nothing should tarnish that game from Saturday.

Regardless of the stats, which they (KT) are talking about, shoot Dayton gift wrapped one td for them after that record setting punt and another on that fumble in the red zone after Dugat made that great run.  So, NO, Tivy should have never of even been in that game.  Awesome job Broncs.

Haha, I've seen all the posts from Tivy fans crying in their cereal.  Amazing, they're actually blaming THE REFS for stealing the game and handing it to Dayton.  They should go to toups graphics and check it out...was actually AJ that stole the game.  I guess we all make the same excuses wherever we are...right?  The refs lost them nothing...coach decided to run the two minute drill INTO A 40 MPH WIND with a field goal kicker who was suspect at best...probably not the right decision.  QB was having problems throwing into the wind all day and almost threw a pick 6 on the first play of the drive.  Have to admire the aggressiveness but there's a point where you have to say let's just get down on this ball and take it to overtime.  If he's got the wind I understand but I doubt the kicker makes anything longer than a 30 yarder into that wind. 

Also saw their Dayton is a bunch of thugs posts, trying to start fights etc, etc...heck they even threw the race card in there as well.  Some of their fans are now showing their true colors.  All smack talk aside, which is what makes this board fun, there's a line that shouldn't be crossed.  Bringing up a person's heritage and referring to them as "thug" is way over the line.  I saw the greatest HS game I've seen in person on Saturday...both teams played hard and to the very end.  Please fellow Bronco fans, don't be suckered in and stoop to that level...nothing should tarnish that game from Saturday.

Where are you getting this?

Dayton played a heck of a game and so did we.  Congrats to you guys and win it all. 

Where are you getting this?

Dayton played a heck of a game and so did we.  Congrats to you guys and win it all. 

go to the post "last minute thriller Dayton wins" and i think it was the last page that had the link.  It's out of a San Antonio newspaper/enet site.  There are some pretty sorry KT fans on there.

What 7mary3 said on the San Antonio site.  I think quite a few of the comments have been deleted by now...or they should be...they wouldn't have made it 3 minutes with our administrators.  Didn't want to group all the fans from k-ville in there because yall showed up strong on this board last week...just some pretty sick and pathetic stuff on there...I couldn't believe some of the things that I read.

I noticed in that article from the Kerrville paper that AJ said "cant wait to go to Houston"...

Come on Mack Brown. You gotta get him. Give his momma a job at the school or something!

LEAVE IT ALONE!!! MY COOGS ONLY GET THESE TYPE OF YOUNG MEN EVERY SO OFTEN AND THIS IS OUR NEXT GREAT!! WHOSE HOUSE???? COOGS HOUSE!!!!

What 7mary3 said on the San Antonio site.  I think quite a few of the comments have been deleted by now...or they should be...they wouldn't have made it 3 minutes with our administrators.  Didn't want to group all the fans from k-ville in there because yall showed up strong on this board last week...just some pretty sick and pathetic stuff on there...I couldn't believe some of the things that I read.

Its probably was about like Dayton fans yelling at our coaches coming out of the box with classy stuff like."Take that S**t" and "You better ask(axe) somebody"...bad fans are everywhere(and are insignificant in the overall outcome of a game.  Good luck guys, you have Kerrvilles support (at least some of them  ;) )

Regardless of the stats, which they (KT) are talking about, shoot Dayton gift wrapped one td for them after that record setting punt and another on that fumble in the red zone after Dugat made that great run.  So, NO, Tivy should have never of even been in that game.  Awesome job Broncs.

I you dont know, there are three phases to a game...If you cant punt, dont call that a "gift" to us...thats the coaches fault.  I think the weather played a large impact on our offense..but i'd never use it as an excuse...we didnt excute...we lost...we wish you well...

Its probably was about like Dayton fans yelling at our coaches coming out of the box with classy stuff like."Take that S**t" and "You better ask(axe) somebody"...bad fans are everywhere(and are insignificant in the overall outcome of a game.  Good luck guys, you have Kerrvilles support (at least some of them  ;) )

sorry to hear that.

Tivy players were very classy and especially congratulatory toward Cody after the game and the fans I talked to were nice also. This was a heated game with the talk, etc. flying both ways IMO, but in the end both were respectful of the other.

Jayhawk

First post: 10/27/2008

Last post: 12/15/2008

Total posts: 6  Replying to:

Congratulations to the Dayton Broncos! You made the plays and we did not. One thing is for sure we got our moneys worth! What a roller coaster game. There were so many key plays it is hard to remember them all. (with the exception of the strip at the end) Key fourth down conversions or stops, big runs, turnovers, controversial calls (both ways) etc..  Good luck next week!

Posted by tivy74

Thanks Tivy74---I know you guys talked alot of smack on this and other boards, but thanks for stepping up to the plate and beind gracious for our hard earned victory.(unlike Tivy Al. !! take a chill pill dude ) My wife and I talked to several Tivy fans in the parking lot after the game they were very congenial and good sports and bid us well in the finals ---class act Tivy fans ---  

Jayhawk

First post: 10/27/2008

Last post: 12/15/2008

Total posts: 6  Replying to:

Congratulations to the Dayton Broncos! You made the plays and we did not. One thing is for sure we got our moneys worth! What a roller coaster game. There were so many key plays it is hard to remember them all. (with the exception of the strip at the end) Key fourth down conversions or stops, big runs, turnovers, controversial calls (both ways) etc..  Good luck next week!

Posted by tivy74

Thanks Tivy74---I know you guys talked alot of smack on this and other boards, but thanks for stepping up to the plate and beind gracious for our hard earned victory.(unlike Tivy Al. !! take a chill pill dude ) My wife and I talked to several Tivy fans in the parking lot after the game they were very congenial and good sports and bid us well in the finals ---class act Tivy fans ---  

Great post Jayhawk! I experienced the same thing with most of the Tivy fans. I really was impressed by the display of good sportsmanship at the end of the game. Man I really felt for their team and fans. To lose a game like that has to be the worst way to go out. Two evenly matched teams that fought to the end. Wow what a game!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami