Ernesto

Last year i told everyone in all my college classes we were gonna take a pretty direct hit. NO ONE believed me heck I was getting up to minute dates from NOAA through the VFD...

In the almanac it states East Texas will recieve a hurricane between the dates of Setp. 5-9th :shock:

The Farmer's Almanac is the last source to worry about. May as well throw darts at a weather map and calendar :roll:
Well they didn't miss the prediction on when and where Rita was gonna hit last year. So far this year they haven't missed but a few predictions on regular weather. I custom bale hay and look at the weather everyday to know when to cut and when not to. So far it hasn't let me down yet :wink:

Well they didn't miss the prediction on when and where Rita was gonna hit last year. So far this year they haven't missed but a few predictions on regular weather. I custom bale hay and look at the weather everyday to know when to cut and when not to. So far it hasn't let me down yet :wink:

I usually read tea leaves myself or if I am really worried, throw salt over my left shoulder while I am knocking on wood........

I copied this from the KFDM forum. Apparently Rita and Katrina were both complete surprises to the Almanac :wink:

"The Farmer's Almanac also last year forecast quiet weather in the New Orleans area at the time Katrina was pounding them. No storm was indicated for our area when Rita hit our area in September."

I guess it's fun reading, but I rank it no better than the Groundhog.

Greg Bostwick

Chief Meteorologist

KFDM-TV

I REALLY like this last model. I guess our threat is diminishing by the hour, that's a good thing, although I'm sure we're not out of the woods yet. If we can get past this one and the one next month, we may have this season licked, right Coop?

By the way, how do they come up with the Farmers Almanac anyway? Is it a bunch of historical data compiled and used to make guesses on what will happen with the weather in the future? If so, I'm wondering if Rita was actually supposed to be this year according to the Almanac, because the history that I've seen of hurricanes hitting this area shows that we get hit every 42 years or something like that.

Hey Coop I know its early' date=' but what does the weather look like for Friday night?[/quote']

Don't we have a cold front lurking out there somewhere? I know this time of the year they rarely push through the area and only stall over us and cause more rain.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder