Scrimmage Updates

Mosley with 4 TD's about 200 yrds rushing. Moshier looked real sharp at QB. Guiterrez FB ran hard for Nederland.

Moshier looked sharp. Unfortunately just like last week' date=' Nederland is still looking for some receivers to step up.

Nederland 1-5 on xtra points.

2-5

So for those who attended both Nederland scrimmages would you say Jasper or Silsbee looks better thus far? I realize teams during week 2 scrimmages are a lot further along than week 1 but a comparison would still be nice.

Silsbee looked to have a stronger defense against the run. There was absolutely nothing that Jasper did that slowed down Nederland's running attack. I am glad that Nederland threw the ball a quite a few times because they need to work on the passing game but if they just wanted yards and scores, they never needed to put the ball up. Nederland would try two passes (incompletes) and get a motion penatly and have a 3rd down and 15 yards to go. They would use the run as their 3rd and long play and pick up 20 yards.

Offensively Jasper and Silsbee did not seem much different. Jasper's third drive was a great 90 yard drive that took several plays so it wasnt a one play deal. They had some sharp blocking and opened some nice holes.

Other than that, they were pretty much ineffective. They would put together a nice play or two but could not sustain anything. Other than the one long drive, I don't think they ever got more than two first downs in a row.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami