2-4 Inches Of Snow Now Melting!

skipper

Everything in lumberton was covered at 5...since then the pavement has cleared a little bit but not much at all..this is crazy..must not be lyin when they say weather comes in cycles..they say sabine lake froze over the same year of the galveston hurricane (1900)..could we see this happen again after IKE?? would be pretty crazy but this is how it all starts..

BE CAREFUL!!! DRIVE SAFELY!!

here is an article about Ice skating on Sabine lake and 31" of snow around 1895....

This is the hidden content, please

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME!!!

I moved to Alice, Texas in 2004 from Pennsylvania  (GO STEELERS), and it snowed in December, I then moved to Kingsville in 2005, and it snowed in December, well, I moved to Kirbyville, this year (2008), and well you guessed it..It snowed in December...DUmb Luck ?  maybe, Coincidence, maybe....or maybe, it snows down here a lot more than Texans admit....just wondering.

triskiadeka

Everything in lumberton was covered at 5...since then the pavement has cleared a little bit but not much at all..this is crazy..must not be lyin when they say weather comes in cycles..they say sabine lake froze over the same year of the galveston hurricane (1900)..could we see this happen again after IKE?? would be pretty crazy but this is how it all starts..

BE CAREFUL!!! DRIVE SAFELY!!

here is an article about Ice skating on Sabine lake and 31" of snow around 1895....

This is the hidden content, please

Wow  ???

in Liberty we had about 6-8 inches of snow in the yard when i got up to go to work this morning (around 6:30)....on my way to work Liberty to Baytown everything but the roads (thank god) were covered with about 6 inches of snow atleast...it was pretty cool to see...only one wreck that i ran across on the trinity river bridge on 90, some guy had spun out and hit the concrete barrier...no one else was involved and the guy looked fine...

on a side note, glad i dont live in houston itself, it took most people until after lunch to get to baytown for work out here since every major highway was closed cause of a bridge or a wreck to get here..

Well Hawkeye I guess if you are the oldest grandson-4 times grt.grandson of 1 of the first and oldest families in Liberty/Hardin Counties-1 of 7 families in the 1860 census of Lib.Co.and you know about your families all the way back to 1825 you should be able to be alright w/numbers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont