*Nederland vs. OF Updates/Nederland Wins*

Yes it was that close of a game. Nederland took the lead with a couple quick shots very late in the 4th, and gave OF a couple of chances to come back, but it didn't happen.

I think that Nederland stole this game from OF. In my opinion, OF was more deserving of this game and I think they will have a great season in district play this year. Good luck to them.

I'm afraid that Nederland is too inconsistent right now. They need to work on playing at their level the entire game for every game, and not at the level of their opponent. And they can not let their season culminate at their win at Hardin Jefferson. Until this happens, I'm not sure how the Nederland district-season will turn out.

Yes it was that close of a game. Nederland took the lead with a couple quick shots very late in the 4th, and gave OF a couple of chances to come back, but it didn't happen.

I think that Nederland stole this game from OF. In my opinion, OF was more deserving of this game and I think they will have a great season in district play this year. Good luck to them.

I'm afraid that Nederland is too inconsistent right now. They need to work on playing at their level the entire game for every game, and not at the level of their opponent. And they can not let their season culminate at their win at Hardin Jefferson. Until this happens, I'm not sure how the Nederland district-season will turn out.

Very well put. They have always been very inconsistant. Its like they are all ADHD kids who lose focus and lose a game they shouldn't lol ha. But when they are focused for a whole game and put four quarters together they are truely hard to beat.

Very well put. They have always been very inconsistant. Its like they are all ADHD kids who lose focus and lose a game they shouldn't lol ha. But when they are focused for a whole game and put four quarters together they are truely hard to beat.

I agree the negatives from this game and the season are incosistency, intensity, free throw shooting, forced shots(got to kick it out when the d collapses in on a drive), weak passes leading to turnovers, and rebounding.  As was previously said, they have to play 4 quarters every game at their level and not their opponents level.  If not, they will be one of those good teams that underperform and find themselves sitting home in February. 

The biggest positive from this game is that Nederland found a way to win.  They would have lost this game last year.  They seem to be better at winning the close ones so far this year.  Other  positives were Chris seems to be back on track with his scoring.  Francis stayed hot. The play of Kelvin and Devin off the bench.  IMO, Devin and JP's defense on #15 in the second half really made a difference.  He was by far their best player and looked frustrated by the end of the game.  Josh also helped with # 15.  He did a good job of sinking down low and taking the option of a lob pass away when Devin or JP would front #15 as he posted down low. 

Orangefield is a well coached defensive-minded team and will do well in district. 

They better have their A-game ready Thursday.   

While it was a good game I don't think either team played well at all.  It was an ugly game on offense, OF did not have their usual intensity on defense and there was way too much 1 on 1 on the other end.  Gotta play unselfish and on both ends if we are going to win.  I thought that Nederland did a good job on defense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder