Ferguson Commits to Ole Miss

MIF04

Good Job Tim congrats on a great day in your baseball life.

Tim is another example of what summer select can do, get you seen. His HS play is great but to play on a top notch select team that travels all over is a strong reason for this.

I have been to the campus and also met the coaches at Ole' Miss and it is fantastic in Oxford you will love it and so will Dad.

Select has had a strong influnece in local signings, such as:

Ehlert-A&M, SETX Sundevils

Dishon-LSU, SETX Sundevils

Ferguson-Ole' Miss, SETX Sundevils

Dugas-Texas Pan Am, Houston Heat

So when they ask if the money and travel is worth it........it is easy to answer.

Congrats!!!!!!! Weren't they in a super-regional last year?

Select has had a strong influnece in local signings, such as:

Ehlert-A&M, SETX Sundevils

Dishon-LSU, SETX Sundevils

Ferguson-Ole' Miss, SETX Sundevils

Dugas-Texas Pan Am, Houston Heat

Gotta Disagree with this Bears....Maybe its because they have tools and talent...Select didn't hurt/ but i wouldn't say strong influence....

Its amazing that there was even college baseball worth watching before the invent of select baseball....

My main point was when you play in there backyard it makes it easier to see the talent, and How many years has this area had big college signings??

Last Baseball player to Texas- Beau Hale, Last to A&M- Tyner, Ole' Miss-Never and the same for Pan Am and LSU- never

And that makes it better for all the younger kids coming up.

Congratulations to Tim Ferguson. Good luck to a fine young man. I certainly don't think that playing against the best competion in the country at an early age hurts your developement as a player. Not to mention the exposure to college scouts. (I doubt that Ole Miss saw him in Beaumont.)

Congrats to Tim

I've seen Tim play a few times in high school ball at Westbrook. No disrespect to his teamates but he seemed to stand out without alot of fanfare, he should do well at Ole Miss.

About select ball, it's a necessity in today's time. If your not throwing 88-90, hitting doubles in the gap, speed and a rocket arm you better get on that highway.

I hate to turn "Tim's thread" into a debate on select baseball, but...

(1) Select baseball gets a lot of kids seen when they othewise would not. Even with tools, they remain hidden unless they are displayed in front of the right audience.

(2) An example is Johnny Dishon. His tools are off the charts. He is a legitimate 6.5, with a 90+ arm from the OF and the potential of power at the plate. Nevertheless, he got seen (and in the pipeline) in select. That doesn't mean Johnny wasn't a major D-1 player before. It does mean that kids like him (and Tim Ferguson, for example) need to get on the select/showcase circuit so their talents are widely seen. Otherwise, you are going to be at the mercy of the local schools only.

(3) A particular note about some of the kids that have played with Tim in the summer with the SE Texas Sun Devils:

Class of 2006:

Clayton Ehlert (LCM) -- Texas A&M

Wes Schneider (LCM) -- Laredo

Kevin Angelle (BC) -- Texas A&M/San Jacinton

Broc Haymon (BC) -- McNeese

Jonathan Conrad (Sulphur) -- McNeese

Matt Simon (Sulphur) -- McNeese

Matison Smith (Ned) -- Lamar

Branden Powell (PNG) -- Panola

Tommy Roebuck (HJ) -- North Central

Jason Fuqua (Sterling) -- Texas A&M

Class of 2007:

Tim Ferguson (WB) -- U. of Mississippi

David Murphy (WB) -- U. of Houston

Johnny Dishon (BC) -- LSU

Chase Dempsay (Sterling) -- U. of Houston

With a number of 2007 players left to commit. This doesn't mention the local guys who played with the Houston Heat (Dugas and Coleman). I am sure I've missed some but, the point is, it is a great (and talented) group of kids. The results (which include select baseball) speak for themselves.

Back to the thread....I could not be prouder of Tim. He is a heckuva kid and a better son.

I think MIF is right about turning the thread into something it wasn't intended to be. But I have to disagree with BEARS about one thing. You made it sound as if since Hale and Tyner there haven't been any major signings. Perhaps admin could help me with this but I think that is way off base. UH, Wake Forest, Texas Tech, Lamar (several) McNeese State, and these are just Nederland players. Perhaps someone from PNG, LCM, Bridge City and Westbrook could help me out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124