Forget The Statistics ..In Your Own Words..Muleshoe vs Kirbyville..

llumm123

With stats aside I like Kirbyville also...they just finished a state semi final game by scoring 5 TD's in the 2nd half while allowing 2 in the same time frame...Muleshoe is no pushover, but Kirbyville was tested with a very good passing attack last night and were able to shut it down after the half...All they have to do is contain the passing attack of the Mules and control the clock which they have done all year long...Keep that offense of the field and wear out the defense...Kirbyville by 15!

Guest tigersvoice

I like Kirbyville in this game, but who knows.

I'll say this.  These two teams had the toughest path to the title game (as compared to the other two regions in 2A D1)

Muleshoe is waaaaaay out there in the panhandle, almost to New Mexico.  The location causes me to wonder about the level of play among those teams.  I mean, in that spread out, far reaching area, how many really good 2-A teams are there.  Yet, they have played their way into a state championship game.  I witnessed Kirbyville against Rice Consolidated.  Without seeing Muleshoe, I call Kirbyville by 21 points.

As I Haven't Given My Prediction yet:   I Agree With Lefty99, Kirbyville's Long Time Problem Has Been

:Not Staying In Pass Coverage..Not Sending Linebackers To Help Cover The Corners..But They Have Enough Offensive Fire Power To Make Up For It..As Long As You Can Score 99% Of The Time With Each Possession Then Your'e Ok..The Kirbyville Defense Is A Mauling,Punishing Horde That Pursues The Ball On Every Play,With Head-Hunters As Linebackers..I Honestly Don't Think There Is A 2A Team In Texas And A Lot Of Other A's also,That Can Contain Them.Muleshoe Better Be Well Shod..The Cat's Will Take This One,And Bring Home The State Title...

I'll say this.  These two teams had the toughest path to the title game (as compared to the other two regions in 2A D1)

Muleshoe is waaaaaay out there in the panhandle, almost to New Mexico.  The location causes me to wonder about the level of play among those teams.  I mean, in that spread out, far reaching area, how many really good 2-A teams are there.  Yet, they have played their way into a state championship game.  I witnessed Kirbyville against Rice Consolidated.  Without seeing Muleshoe, I call Kirbyville by 21 points.

The 2A schools in that area are not great but there are some good ones, plus you obviously don't make it to state unless you are at least a decent team yourself. K-ville better not take them lying down or it could be a bad deal for them. Now with that said I have not seen either team this year but would have to go with Kirbyville in a close one.

The 2A schools in that area are not great but there are some good ones, plus you obviously don't make it to state unless you are at least a decent team yourself. K-ville better not take them lying down or it could be a bad deal for them. Now with that said I have not seen either team this year but would have to go with Kirbyville in a close one.

For those that have not had the pleasure or priviledge of watching the WILDCATS on the field, if you are going, you are in for a heart pounding, pulse racing, breath stealing, good time. These boys are on fire all the time and they are amazing on the field. I have watched these boys since 2001, I believe they were in the 6th or 7th grade. They play well together and they have basically the same lineup as they did way back then. They have had years to perfect this team. They are going to bring home all the BIG PRIZES for SE Texas and Kirbyville.

I personally cannot wait to watch this game. If it were being played on the White House lawn I would go.

This is going to be a high scoring game....I'm not knocking Kirbyville's defense at all, but the best thing Kirbyville could do is consume the clock with long drives to keep Muleshoe's offense off the field....Muleshoe's passing attack is much stronger than anyone Kirbyville has faced thus far.....Also, Kirbyville's defense must have short memories because Muleshoe is going to score and they have the ability to score quick.  Good luck to both team and communities....

Thinking like that is a mistake, West Texas and The Panhandle play great football....

This is going to be a high scoring game....I'm not knocking Kirbyville's defense at all, but the best thing Kirbyville could do is consume the clock with long drives to keep Muleshoe's offense off the field....Muleshoe's passing attack is much stronger than anyone Kirbyville has faced thus far.....Also, Kirbyville's defense must have short memories because Muleshoe is going to score and they have the ability to score quick.  Good luck to both team and communities....

That is the thing about Kville...they have shown the capabilities of scoring quick or eating up the clock on long drives...I like to reference the CC playoff game...they gave CC a dose of their own meds when they showed how they can eat up the clock...This team is very capable of eating up 1/2 of a qtr in 1 drive...that being said,  I like Kirbyville chances.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed