J'Covan Brown

Guest stevenash

Guest stevenash

This guy used to be one of the favorite topics on all of the boards.  All anyone could talk about was his unrivaled talent level and the brilliant future that was ahead of him.  Can anyone provide an update on those predictions?

adult league at his local ymca. I cant make that up either. I do agree with Dickie V he need to join the seahawks

Has he received his high school diploma yet? Thats the question that needs to be answered BEFORE there is talk of him going to a JUCO. I don't think the kid passed TAKS. His problem is deeper than basketball. He went to Houston to attend a private school  during the summer and that didn't work out.  Again, lets just hope  and pray that it comes all together for him; life skills and  hoop dreams.

We all thought he was going straight to UT to show off his talent. Now that we all know about his academical issues we can just pray for him to find a way to get to play basketball for a good team. If he finds a way to get his grades up he deserves to get to play. But i believe he needs to get his grades up first! We should all pray for every athlete that has to go through this.

We all thought he was going straight to UT to show off his talent. Now that we all know about his academical issues we can just pray for him to find a way to get to play basketball for a good team. If he finds a way to get his grades up he deserves to get to play. But i believe he needs to get his grades up first! We should all pray for every athlete that has to go through this.

I agree with you but it's easier said than done. If you lack discipline on the court or field, where will you find the discipline to compete against yourself in a classroom. Sometimes the true competition isn't directly facing you.

I agree with you but it's easier said than done. If you lack discipline on the court or field, where will you find the discipline to compete against yourself in a classroom. Sometimes the true competition isn't directly facing you.

Grades are just the tip of the iceberg. If he doesn't get his attitude right then the worst thing that could happen is for him to wind up in the NBA with millions of dollars to make mischief with.----However IF the attitude and discipline were to be corrected then the kid would shine----just don't see it happening

I can't believe this topic keeps coming up.The last thing a coach who is trying to develope a program needs is a piece to the foundation like this.The young man is an incredible talent who has chosen not to put forth the necessary work on or off the court to be the player he is capable of being.I quess I'm just old school but during the Thanksgiving holidays I don't think this is gonna be on the top of my prayer list.

Can he play for the Mustangs?  Maybe get some exposure, go up the semi-pro ranks to the NBDL, to the Euro, or even to the NBA level?  Basketball-wise, I'm not sure how far he can go.  It's possible he could be another Daniel Gibson.

I was coaching the SETX SLAM against his PA Heat team a few summers ago and saw some of his more florid behavior first-hand.  I pity him.  His inability to control his emotions and behavior is a terrible burden he bears.  I'd be surprised if school of any sort is his option.  His future hinges on his developing his self-control and talent.

Can he play for the Mustangs?  Maybe get some exposure, go up the semi-pro ranks to the NBDL, to the Euro, or even to the NBA level?  Basketball-wise, I'm not sure how far he can go.  It's possible he could be another Daniel Gibson.

I was coaching the SETX SLAM against his PA Heat team a few summers ago and saw some of his more florid behavior first-hand.  I pity him.  His inability to control his emotions and behavior is a terrible burden he bears.  I'd be surprised if school of any sort is his option.  His future hinges on his developing his self-control and talent.

"burden he bears"???? more like "attitude he exhibits"

Guest DickVitale

You guys basketball IQ's are off the charts, in the wrong direction!!! Daniel Gibson??  ??? ??? Surely you are kidding.... ::)

If he plays on the ABA team, he would be ineligible for ANY college team.  NO pro team, here or abroad, would take him at THIS point...He has not played organized ball in about a year now....He needs to get UT out of his mind and go in another direction where he could have some success.  Daniel Gibson....I almost fell out of my chair! 8)

There are no members of the National Junior College Athletic Association that will take him under those circumstances, BlueDove3.

The NJCAA's eligibility rules are very strict and leave no "wiggle room." You either take care of business or you don't play.

It's too bad that J-Brown's previous schools didn't make him do that, too.

Bad humor on my part.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124