*LU vs. Rice Updates/LU Wins!!!!!!!!!!!*

KFDM COOP

31-23 LU up at half. Jay Brown has 10 points 11 boards, and he's not even shooting that great.

We could be stomping them right now so I'd like to see that happen but I would love to take the win. Lets build on this lead in the 2nd half.

61-53 final. Jay Brown has 22 points and 18 rebounds... shot horribly but the outcome really wasn't in doubt the last few minutes of the game. We went up by as many as 15 in this game.

Here is some info from the game... I do not see how they spent 23 million on the TUDOR Fieldhouse... They had a nice video board but a horrible horrible sound system. The refs were horrible, they caused the game to stay out of rhythm and that kept the score much closer that it would have been. BROWN was the MAN tonight... Custer still looks scared out there....Worrell was tough this game as usual.... The biggest problem is we could not break the press at the end of the game...We had a ton of turnovers at the end.. All in all a good win at a tough place to play... they may not have many fans that show up but they way the gym is set up it is very very loud.

Guest coachacola

I watched the whole game on the internet.  Dawkins seemed out of synch and he did end up with 6 TOs.  Skyler Williams is playing better, but the team really is thin at the guard position.  Custer is playing better but the team needs Nwevo to provide a good 10 or 15 minutes of backup for Worrell and Brown, especially if one of those guys gets in foul trouble.  When is Hall going to find his offense?  He always seems on the verge of a breakout game.

I thought rebounding would be a problem for this team but that's been a strong point so far.  They need Nwevo and Harper back soon, Williams and Hall need to keep improving, and no one else needs to get hurt.  They'll stumble on the coming road trip to Kentucky and Lousiville, but they should be in great shape come conference time.

1. Lamar played pretty badly and were lucky to escape with a win.

2. Brown and Worrell played tough and saved the team.

3. Lamar played the zone better than they have all season.

4. The high-low offense that Lamar ran during the first 10 minutes of the second half was really efficient and worked well.

5. Rice is a more athletic team than Denver and well-coached, but they're still not very good.

6. Rice should investigate whoever remodeled their court, because they must have taken half their money.  It's not bad, but for the same money they could have built the Merrell Center from scratch.  It's not nearly as nice as the Merrell Center.  It is loud and if Rice ever puts a decent team on the floor, it'll be a fun place to watch a game.

7. For a team of Rice's quality, the tickets definitely shouldn't be $18.

lamar was flat last night.seemed to be looking ahead to kentucky.i agree with what others here are saying.we need harper and nwevo back,custer isnt gonna get the job done.we also are gonna need hall to establish himself as a dependable scorer.im starting to wonder if thats going to happen.overall it was a good trip and liked the new gym.i didnt see where they spend 23mil but it was an improvement.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics