Gina Carano to the WEC

Dana White said on the 18th of NOvember while promoting the ST. Pierre/Penn fight said that he felt that Gina Carano is a great fighter with all the tools and is considering promoting womens fighting in the WEC.

The big problem is that the other contract fighters in the former EliteXC are waiting to see if their contracts are bought out by other promotions and so it might be a while before we see the Carano/Cyborg fight.

On a side note, I am totally in love with this woman. My wife even told me that she would let me run after her and beg her to take me if I want to!!!!!!!!!!!!  So your saying that there is a chance!!!!!!!!!11

But considering the WEC just dropped its heavyweight and light heavy divisions adding someone like Carano would make sense to keep the company going promotion wise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Zuffa sports/entertainment is the company that owns the UFC and who Dana White works for. They purchased the floundering contracts of the Pride organization when it could no longer stay afloat and had already bought the WEC as a way to promote the smaller weight classes that did not exist in the UFC. That is why Jens Pulver left the UFC and went to the WEC, same company just different weight classes.

The WEC recently just got rid of every big weight classes they had. Now they are just middleweights and lower.

Gina Carano was a contract fighter for EliteXC/Showtime, and when they went out of business White stated in an interview that he would consider trying to put a women's division in WEC and sign her. She has a tremendously large following both because she is a babe but she also kicks butt.

She was voted top 5 most influential women in America last year.

Zuffa sports/entertainment is the company that owns the UFC and who Dana White works for. They purchased the floundering contracts of the Pride organization when it could no longer stay afloat and had already bought the WEC as a way to promote the smaller weight classes that did not exist in the UFC. That is why Jens Pulver left the UFC and went to the WEC, same company just different weight classes.

The WEC recently just got rid of every big weight classes they had. Now they are just middleweights and lower.

Gina Carano was a contract fighter for EliteXC/Showtime, and when they went out of business White stated in an interview that he would consider trying to put a women's division in WEC and sign her. She has a tremendously large following both because she is a babe but she also kicks butt.

She was voted top 5 most influential women in America last year.

I would have loved to be one of the judges...a very "influential" lady indeed!!  ;D

Now while she is downloaded for those reasons obviously, she beat out women like Clinton, and other politically minded women as well as actresses.

I think that they mean the influence of getting the girls into sports. She was even ranked higher than Jenny Finch.

As for looks, my dog could beat out Hillary, and she is a mutt...my dog, I mean  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01