Best QB In Dayton History

liltex

The best QB is a topic that we can debate for years and years and years.  Simone Pearson was a pretty good QB as well as Dak.  For my money we're watching one of the best to ever play QB in Dayton.  Is he better than D. or S. Pearson??  Who knows.  Either of the three of them were pretty good and you couldn't go wrong with any of them.  Of course Curtis Trousdale threw a great deep ball and played for pitiful coaches.  One can only imagine what he would have been in an offense like this.

That is all the truth, especially the later and makes you feel as if we all just has our time wasted.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're getting caught up in the recent past which I can understand because we've been so good here lately.  Truth be told, if it comes down to just accuracy then I'd go with Curtis Trousdale.  Had he played in this offense then there wouldn't be any debate about who the best passer was.  In any event it doesn't matter...Cody has been outstanding this year (besides the first half of this past game).  Let's hope the Nebraska head coach stays away for the rest of the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Cody Green is probably the best overall QB I've seen in Dayton. Dakari is the best athlete to plat the position for the Broncos. A guy hasn't got any love was Derrick Briggs who played on some average Dayton teams. That dude was a great athlete. I played summer league basketball with him and his athleticism was unreal, although his attitude was less than stellar so I assume it was similar on the field. He went on to play DB for Texas Tech.

The past 2 weeks against some great defensive teams-Terry & Brenham-Cody took control and made things happen for the Broncos performing well with all the pressure on him as the others teams defensive schemes were to shut down A.J and that was what happened against Lake Travis last year.The differance this year is Cody can and will run w/over 1,400 rush yds.-a dimension Gregory did not do often last year.I know some of you have your favorites at Dayton but how many smiles did they put on college coaches and scouts?In my opinion-Cody is the favorite and I have seen most of the names listed play at Dayton.And I certainly like you have been thrilled to watch all the other QB'S who etched their names in Bronco history.

He's certainly gotten better as the games have gotten bigger.  3 deep throws on the money and another where Terry cut the route just a tad short.  He hits the deep ball consistently and there's nothing you can do to stop this offense and he tops the list easily.  Yes Stacey10, that overthrow was on the receiver.  Happy?

It's hard to compare some of the guys mentioned because Cody appears to be only a QB while Dakari could play almost every position on the field. So yea you can say that Cody is the most productive QB in Dayton's History, but Dakari and Derek Briggs were hands down better athletes. Both were multiple sport stars. You want to start a discussion than name the best athlete in Dayton history!  

It's hard to compare some of the guys mentioned because Cody appears to be only a QB while Dakari could play almost every position on the field. So yea you can say that Cody is the most productive QB in Dayton's History, but Dakari and Derek Briggs were hands down better athletes. Both were multiple sport stars. You want to start a discussion than name the best athlete in Dayton history!  

AJ DUGAT is the best overall athlete I have seen.

Cody is the best all around QB.

Whoever you thing, one thing is certain...

Hopefully we will have two more games to enjoy the Cody and AJ show!

GO BRONCOS!

ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!

A.J. Dugat is the best athlete

Cody Green is the best QB, even though Lloyd Ligons would have been mentioned in that category if he wouldn't have gotten hurt!

Billy Bell(NFL) & Barry Pruitt(Scholarships for basketball & football) are both my uncles and are some of the best talent to come through dayton..

Yes there have been some dang good athletes thru Dayton. I saw someone talking about Briggs earlier and he was a very good athlete and very smart. If I remember correctly he was salutitorian. I remember Briggs being a good football player (never had a coach) and he was awesome on the basketball court. Attitude??? He was a little ummm cocky. He went to Tech and I think he ran into a little trouble up there. He tried out for a few NFL teams but never made it past the practice squad.

Ivory Durio was a heck of a player and so was Rondale.

But, the best QB that ever walked the halls of Dayton High School is Qinn Woods or Bobby Remmers.. lol.. JOKE!!! By far I think its Cody Green, and AJ is the best athlete. Im not living in the present but I have been around Bronco football since the early 80's..

Yes I think AJ is better then Dakari. I wish that Dak would have went somewhere where he would have been on the offensive side of the ball. If I remember correctly, he had the chance to go to Nebraska and would have stayed on offense. He was not a stud at Texas. He was always around the ball but was never the one making the tackle. Great athlete? YES!! but he was never the QB that Cody is, or the athlete that AJ is.

The reason I was throwing Derrick Briggs name in as the best athlete from Dayton is because what he did in other sports, not just football. He was a very good baseball player that stole 39 bases his soph. year and was caught stealing. He went to regionals in track and ran a sub 2 minute 800m.. I think he set the Dayton record for 3 pointers in basketball. Plus all District in football. On top of all of that he was actually 5th in his class out of over 200 back in the mid 90's.

AJ certainly attains the level of best receiver, but the others recently have been terrific and honestly before the last several years Dayton just never really had any receivers.

Are you freakn'kidn me! Google Ricky Eggleston and see what pops up, he didn't have the luxury of a Div-1 QB throwing to him.  This man set all kinds of records and put Sam Houston State University on the map.  I can think of several other good receivers and tight-ends that came through the system that never got the opportunities of having a Div-1 QB throwing to them.  Bite your tongue bud.  Now that Ardist fella'seem to be injury prone and had two left feet. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83