**Big Board Meeting At PN-G Tuesday Night**

KFDM COOP

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JoesBros

A lot of people are putting way to much into Coach Long,  he was only good at PNG because he son was the best QB in southeast Texas history.  He has done NOTHING since he has been gone !!!

He was probably one of the best OC in the area. Grant it DL was a heck of a QB but Coach Long had just as much to do with the sucess of that offfense than anyone else.

A lot of people are putting way to much into Coach Long,  he was only good at PNG because he son was the best QB in southeast Texas history.  He has done NOTHING since he has been gone !!!

He was probably one of the best OC in the area. Grant it DL was a heck of a QB but Coach Long had just as much to do with the sucess of that offfense than anyone else.

Answer me this. Why would you hire a head coach who had a worse record than the guy you are getting rid of?

Kelly Bulldogs went 2-6 this year.

PNG went 3-6   

Guest JoesBros

Answer me this. Why would you hire a head coach who had a worse record than the guy you are getting rid of?

PNG went 3-6     

Well first off im not saying they should hire him. I think alot of poeple are throwing Long's name out there because of the history he has with the program. Im sorry you cant compare Kelly's program to PNG. (nothing against the kids or program against Kelly) but I think Long would have more sucess at PNG cause there is more talent to work with there.

PNG went 3-6     

Well first off im not saying they should hire him. I think alot of poeple are throwing Long's name out there because of the history he has with the program. Im sorry you cant compare Kelly's program to PNG. (nothing against the kids or program against Kelly) but I think Long would have more sucess at PNG cause there is more talent to work with there.

Point well taken although you just hacked a bunch of Kelly Bulldogs off.

If this does happen, I bet there will be some big names apply for the job. It will be interesting to see who all throws their name in the hat.

Guest JoesBros

PNG went 3-6     

If this does happen, I bet there will be some big names apply for the job. It will be interesting to see who all throws their name in the hat.

I have nothing against Kelly's progam. I personally think they have a good thing going there. Like I said they only reason his name is being thrown out there is because of his history at PNG. But I totally agree I am interested to see the names thrown into the hat for this high profile job. Too bad we have to wait til Janurary.

I agree about the big names and I also agree our program would be no better off with Long than it is with Burnett. If PNG wants change then lets have change. Bring in someone with no ties or past history to Port Neches or anyone from Port Neches.The LAST GOOD COACH we had got run out of town by Purple Politics.

PNG went 3-6     

I agree about the big names and I also agree our program would be no better off with Long than it is with Burnett. If PNG wants change then lets have change. Bring in someone with no ties or past history to Port Neches or anyone from Port Neches.The LAST GOOD COACH we had got run out of town by Purple Politics.

What makes you think that won't happen again?  Anything changed since the last uprising when kids were getting coached to the bone.

PNG went 3-6     

What makes you think that won't happen again?  Anything changed since the last uprising when kids were getting coached to the bone. 

PNG went 3-6     

Honestly Penny, probably not. Thats what is scary. Will mediocre Bobby's dad who happens to be an attorney, doctor or even worse an ex football player for PNG in the 70's, sir up a bunch of cr** because little Bobby is not starting?If so they may get another good one like Malone and run him off.

As you can see I was a fan of Malones. Contrary to what people think he wasn't loaded with talent. He just taught the kids how to win and was one of the best motivators to ever walk on the field at PNG.

You mean DANNY - BOY!!!!!

Danny Malone was the best coach to ever coach on the Reservation.He was a motivator and kept the crowd in it the whole game.I remember in the playoff game against #2 Ranked Jasper the Indians jumped out in front 21-0, and after that third TD he called an on side kick which led to a 28 point lead.His teams were the most exciting PNG teams to watch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami