STFL Playoff Scores Week 1

Txdragon

If you want the score kept down then keep it down your self, don't rely on the other coach to do it. Also be accountable for the team you put on the field, if they played their best then win or lose tell them you are proud of the effort and it just wasn't their day, no excuses. Excuses teach kids to blame someone else for their failure and not be accountable for their play, even at 10 years old they can respect that if the coach takes the first step and respects his opponent and the ref's. You don't have to agree with every call, but don't let the griping dominate the day, show your kids how to act and be good sports. You didn't lose 22-0 because of the ref's.

Our coaches do show our kids how to act and especially be good sports.  And I beg to differ about the refs.  If they call one way it is hard to win.  We had fans from other cities watching us play and they said the same thing.  All I can say if you were not there then dont judge.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't there so I don't know but helping out coaching the blue team I know that on at least three occasions we have had kids with the same "problem" with other teams. It was an accident I am sure and as coaches and players we took it that way. No admittedly not three in the same game. I will say one thing all the kids involved SHOULD be wearing cups and as parents that is one sure way to protect them from that.

I just have this to say, my son plays for the vidor junior black team and he told me himself that coaches and kids were cussing them.  He also got kneed in the privates and in the chest Do you really think he made that up.  I know it is football but enough is enough.  We are not whining amd our coaching staff is awesome.  Our boys played their hearts out and some of these comments are horrible.  Like the best team won, and stop whining.  We are trying to protect our kids.  We dont like it when we have to protect them from grown ups like yourselves.  So remember that they are 9 and 10.

Talk about class. Neither one of yall have it. To get on here and talk about each other and say things about 9 and 10 year old kids is ridiculous. I don't have a dog in this fight but trust me doing what yall are doing is not classy at all.

ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!  Has anyone heard from NEWINDIAN? He talks alot of noise on this board. I know its all in fun, but i got some cajun-fried crow for him to eat!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

[move]NEWINDIAN.......COME OUT AND PLAY[/move]

Im here i had to spend the weekend consoling my son hes mad as a wet hornet and i feel for anyone who gets in his way next year, DLs son was really mad it was a good game scoreless first half and only a total of 18 points scored in the game i was P.O.d at them kneeling with 1 min left to play our "D" was going after them to get the ball back, ripping like crazy . What can i say they watched the film and had prepared for us better than i thought, also we had the same refs yall had they were mugging our recievers all game, we threw them for a 12 yard loss and the ref only marks off 6, on their last TD the players knees was down before he crossed the line but it still counted, but ive complained about the officiating all season. Soon my son will be off to some summer camps in big "D" and another season and well make another run, right now my son signed up for b-ball and i hate that sport.and at least you cajun fried it

dang nobody tol them to make sure to wear a cup this is a rough sport , my son hates his cup but he dont have no choice, he knows before he leaves the house im gonna check an see if hes wearing it, im gonna flick him in his privates.

KJ himself is gonna be hard to contain, 

Talk about class. Neither one of yall have it. To get on here and talk about each other and say things about 9 and 10 year old kids is ridiculous. I don't have a dog in this fight but trust me doing what yall are doing is not classy at all.

ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!  Has anyone heard from NEWINDIAN? He talks alot of noise on this board. I know its all in fun, but i got some cajun-fried crow for him to eat!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

[move]NEWINDIAN.......COME OUT AND PLAY[/move]

hey newindian, i was so looking fw to that rematch with the junior white team from wo-s, if they are to win next sat, but goodluck for next year.

i didn't get to make it to the game so could you tell me the score in yalls playoff game?

Im here i had to spend the weekend consoling my son hes mad as a wet hornet and i feel for anyone who gets in his way next year, DLs son was really mad. what can i say they watched the film and had prepared for us better than i thought, also we had the same refs yall had they were mugging our recievers all game, we threw them for a 12 yard loss and the ref only marks off 6, on their last TD the players knees was down before he crossed the line but it still counted, but ive complained about the officiating all season. Soon my son will be off to some summer camps in big "D" and another season and well make another run, right now my son signed up for b-ball and i hate that sport.and at least you cajun fried it

Whomever plays Lumberton white in the Jr tackle better keep #11 with someone for him or hell get away from you, and watch out for the "Fake fumble" 2 fall down in the backfield and #11 runs with it, it can really draw you in. what really impressed me was they threw some of our plays back at us ???

Thank you for resurfacing New Indian, and I must say that I can respect you for getting on here and not making excuses and taking away from the other team's preparation and execution.  This shocked the entire league, and I can honestly say that I never thought I'd see the day when a team is more prepared than a DL team.  I guess maybe ya'll looked over them a little bit, it is very easy to do when you just beat them by 30 the week before.  Anyway, good season, and tell DL he did a great job, and I was actually rooting for him so that we can possibly get that rematch.  I am sure he'll have them in the thick of things next year.  New Indian, I actually had thoughts of getting on here and letting you have it, but you manned up, ate your cajun fried crow, and didn't make excuses.  Come check out the next round at Dan Hooks Stadium on Dec. 6.

I just have this to say, my son plays for the vidor junior black team and he told me himself that coaches and kids were cussing them.  He also got kneed in the privates and in the chest Do you really think he made that up.  I know it is football but enough is enough.  We are not whining amd our coaching staff is awesome.  Our boys played their hearts out and some of these comments are horrible.  Like the best team won, and stop whining.  We are trying to protect our kids.  We dont like it when we have to protect them from grown ups like yourselves.  So remember that they are 9 and 10.

I have tried not to respond because the whole thing is just silly. I am the one they said was cussing at them and it was on a long run down our sidelines. If your son told you that I was cussing then I won't say he made it up but I will say he misunderstood what I was saying. All I said (to our player) is they can't catch you and then I repeated that. I have coached mostly baseball for alot of years in Orange. I have coached all-star teams also. My teams are usually very successful. Mostly because I demand discipline. I have and do coach select ball also. I have recruited kids for select teams from all over the Golden Triangle. I help coach basketball and a few years I have helped with football. My name is Tony Dallas. Find a kid that I have coached and ask him or her or their parents if that's the type of person I am. I don't act like that and I don't allow the kids I coach to act like that either. I would never say your child or any other child is making something up but I will say they misunderstood. This will hopefully be my one and only post about this because I don't feel the need to defend my self as my coaching history should speak for itself.

You know it started out at the game that 1 kid was cussed at, then it became 3, now there were several kids cussed at on that play.  Why would anyone cuss at a kid in that situation, it doesn't even make sense.  I personally think that the kids are just jumping on the "Oh I was cussed at too" bandwagon, because they are feeding off of their coaches and parents negativity towards our program.  As much as you try to make us out to be bad guys, it's not going to work this time.  There were 2 STJFL officials on our sideline during the game.  One was even the coaches rep from Bridge City.  Do you think that they would have let that happen?  If all of these kids were back at the 20 yard line getting cussed at, then who in the heck was chasing KJ on that 80 yard touchdown run.  You need to tell your kids to play hard until the whistle blows instead of standing around 80 yards from the play.  Just saying!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D  

I just have to say that as terrible as we thought the officiating was, I doubt the ref on our side would let a grown man cuss out kids in earshot of him and not do anything about it. Also there is not a coach on WO-S sideline on any team at any level that would allow another coach on staff cuss at kids. We have played about 8 or 9 games this year,and that was the 1st cussing charge this year. It also is funny that the complaint was made right after KJ broke the long run (and broke about three ankles juking  ;D). We also had Erik Guillory (president of wo-s league, and Rick Dearing-(board member and coach from BC) standing within earshot of our coaches on our sideline. IT DID NOT HAPPEN!!! AT ALL. HAS NOT HAPPENED ALL SEASON!!

Im here i had to spend the weekend consoling my son hes mad as a wet hornet and i feel for anyone who gets in his way next year, DLs son was really mad it was a good game scoreless first half and only a total of 18 points scored in the game i was P.O.d at them kneeling with 1 min left to play our "D" was going after them to get the ball back, ripping like crazy . What can i say they watched the film and had prepared for us better than i thought, also we had the same refs yall had they were mugging our recievers all game, we threw them for a 12 yard loss and the ref only marks off 6, on their last TD the players knees was down before he crossed the line but it still counted, but ive complained about the officiating all season. Soon my son will be off to some summer camps in big "D" and another season and well make another run, right now my son signed up for b-ball and i hate that sport.and at least you cajun fried it

dang nobody tol them to make sure to wear a cup this is a rough sport , my son hates his cup but he dont have no choice, he knows before he leaves the house im gonna check an see if hes wearing it, im gonna flick him in his privates.

Hey Indian it was a good game. You're right the refs were terrible and there were bad calls all the way around. We had that touchdown called back for a facemask when both boys had each others facemasks like a couple of rams in heat.

Ya'll were tough all year and gonna be just as tough next year, but we'll be ready for ya... You talk a lot of smack and unlike others here, I like that. I told the boys what you were saying and that was one of the main things that fired them up this week so I guess I owe you a thanks!

DL's a great coach and ya'll are a great team so hopefully we can speed through BB quickly and ramp up the clock to next season. We'll see you then.

First of all I have known Mr. Dallas for a lot of years. Although my boys have never had the pleasure of playing for him I would be honored if they ever did. I can tell you his baseball teams are among the most disciplined and knowledgable teams in the area. I have NEVER heard him cuss or mistreat a kid. He will stick up for his kids and I admire and respect that. I wasn't there so I can't say whether he did or not, but I do know the man and I would say it would be out of character for him.

I have tried not to respond because the whole thing is just silly. I am the one they said was cussing at them and it was on a long run down our sidelines. If your son told you that I was cussing then I won't say he made it up but I will say he misunderstood what I was saying. All I said (to our player) is they can't catch you and then I repeated that. I have coached mostly baseball for alot of years in Orange. I have coached all-star teams also. My teams are usually very successful. Mostly because I demand discipline. I have and do coach select ball also. I have recruited kids for select teams from all over the Golden Triangle. I help coach basketball and a few years I have helped with football. My name is Tony Dallas. Find a kid that I have coached and ask him or her or their parents if that's the type of person I am. I don't act like that and I don't allow the kids I coach to act like that either. I would never say your child or any other child is making something up but I will say they misunderstood. This will hopefully be my one and only post about this because I don't feel the need to defend my self as my coaching history should speak for itself.

Hey Indian it was a good game. You're right the refs were terrible and there were bad calls all the way around. We had that touchdown called back for a facemask when both boys had each others facemasks like a couple of rams in heat.

Ya'll were tough all year and gonna be just as tough next year, but we'll be ready for ya... You talk a lot of smack and unlike others here, I like that. I told the boys what you were saying and that was one of the main things that fired them up this week so I guess I owe you a thanks!

DL's a great coach and ya'll are a great team so hopefully we can speed through BB quickly and ramp up the clock to next season. We'll see you then.

Yeah were gonna be right back in the thick of it again next year, and next year to take the whole thing, is #11 moving up to senior or gonna be in Jr, my boy wants another shot at him, he frustrated cuz theres no Jr MCM and nobody left to hit xcept his brother and sis and thats not gonna happen

Thank you for resurfacing New Indian, and I must say that I can respect you for getting on here and not making excuses and taking away from the other team's preparation and execution.  This shocked the entire league, and I can honestly say that I never thought I'd see the day when a team is more prepared than a DL team.  I guess maybe ya'll looked over them a little bit, it is very easy to do when you just beat them by 30 the week before.  Anyway, good season, and tell DL he did a great job, and I was actually rooting for him so that we can possibly get that rematch.  I am sure he'll have them in the thick of things next year.  New Indian, I actually had thoughts of getting on here and letting you have it, but you manned up, ate your cajun fried crow, and didn't make excuses.  Come check out the next round at Dan Hooks Stadium on Dec. 6.

Cant gonna be stalking Bambi to take my frusrations out on, plus i need some more sausage, what would be gained by taking away from Lumberton? they were well prepared for us and were done, but ill be looking forward to that rematch next year i know yall will want revenge!

I think everyone needs to CHILL OUT on WOS... When teams lose, their is always someone that wants to cry foul or complain. It is football. The only time that I think it is unsportsman like, is a team that is ahead calls time-outs to try and score. Other than that runs plays, people need to stop being so sensitive.

Yeah were gonna be right back in the thick of it again next year, and next year to take the whole thing, is #11 moving up to senior or gonna be in Jr, my boy wants another shot at him, he frustrated cuz theres no Jr MCM and nobody left to hit xcept his brother and sis and thats not gonna happen

Well your son's gonna have to wait an extra year on that payback cause 11's a senior in 09. Tell him that we got another 11 in training if that helps. Don't know what his #s gonna be yet, but he won't be hard to spot... Good luck in the stand.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83