1. 1. Who will win this district

• Navasota
    • Madisonville
    • Rockdale
    • Taylor
    • Rudder
    • Cameron
    • Caldwell

Here's my opinion...for what it's worth...

1.  Navasota -  Best basketball horses in this district.  Coach Wesley does an excellent job with his boys

& they should be the front runner in their district.  Pre-season Top 15 ranking in TABC.

2.  Madisonville -  With athlete's all over the place, Coach Thurmond should expect a good playoff run &

a chance for the district title.

3.  Cameron -  Talk about athletes all over the campus; however, the question is can Coach Brashear

have them playing together?  This is a tough call here with them over #4.  Let's call this

3a & 3b! :D

3b.  Rockdale -  Very good coach in Coach Loewe.  Physically strong, disciplined group.  Hard to put

them 4th...I mean 3b...but in this district, I'm taking the talent.

5.  Taylor -  Haven't heard to much about the Ducks, so I'm picking them 5th, barely, over a young &

talented Rudder team from Bryan.  I hear that Coach Boswell does a good job with his kids

& he'll need to in this district.

6.  Rudder-  Big Coach Jones will have big expectations...but they're not going to happen this year...but

look out in the future.  Rudder will be among the areas best at any level.

7.  Caldwell -  Poor Caldwellians (is that a word?)!  Once again they will struggle, switching to a much

tougher district than last season, new coach (3rd in 4 years), and a squad that has ZERO

varsity experience.  Coach Smisek has/is cleaning house & is paying for it with a Senior

revolt...0 seniors playing.  Good luck to them. Take it easy on them come district time!

Has anybody seen any scores for any of these teams games?  How good will this district be besides Navasota?

Navasota beat Stafford (3A) 54-27 and Brenham (4A) 66-41

Madisonville lost to Slocum (IA-II) 56-52.  Losing to a 1A team would be considered a bad loss, but Slocum is ranked 2nd in state.

These 2 teams are expected to be 1-2 in district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83